Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

What do you guys think of this? I've been communicating with the seller and he says there is no rust and that there are no mechanical problems. The only thing that worries me is the mileage, but the price seems very good.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/1725051905.html

Click here for the full 1024x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I am not too up on the prices of Turbo Regals, but does this seem like a fair deal? It's about 2 hours away and I'd like to get it this weekend. It's $3800.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2033355019.html

Text:

craigslist posted:

1985 Buick Regal T-Type
3.8 L. V-6 Turbo
168,000 Miles
Good running condition
Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Locks
This is the "sleeper" version of the Grand National.

Pictures:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Diesel Buick Lesabre? Sounds like a cool car if it's legit.

Click here for the full 1050x654 image.

Stop browsing my local CL! I'm trying to snipe all the good deals! Seriously though, how many central PA goons are there?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Toucan Sam posted:

I prefer the T-Type, especially in one of the many grandma colors.

As do I, mostly because they don't come with quite the same price premium like the GN. This despite the fact that in 1985 the GN had a higher production run than the T-Type.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

I think there are a few. I posted something about the Bob Logue museum in Wilpo in another AI thread and I think I recall you being local, another dude from Milton (unless that was you), and someone going to PCT.

I just lurk CL, no money to buy anything good :(

I'm the one from Milton. Are you in W-Port?

Unfortunately I have no self-restraint and I end up buying too many cars for my parking situation. My breaking point in terms of space is 4 vehicles. I'm at capacity currently, but in practicality I am always in the market for something cool/unique/fast. I'm considering the T-Type I posted above, and a very tasteful civic hatch with a GSR swap and Si front end. My wife is very tolerant.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

More "actual gold"? Looks like an unmolested 2000 Civic Si in Electron Pearl Blue!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2045726781.html

craigslist posted:

2000 Honda Civic Si (5spd manual) DOHC v-tech, 2 dr Blue. For sale $6000.00. 109,500 miles. Runs good, still has power steering, air conditioning, interior is in mint condition. New brakes, 10k miles on tires, all maintenance kept up to date.
Beautiful car, just detailed inside and out!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Third Man posted:

Price seems pretty high to me for a 10 year old civic, but I've never looked at Hondas

It's an Si, which are getting rare, especially in unmodified form. They've all been riced to hell and back. Blue Book on a 2000 Si is like $5200, but I'd be willing to pay a little more for a super clean one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

That height can't be stock can it? The front end looks like it could be used to mow the lawn it is on.

I e-mailed the seller and she said it's lowered and tinted, but otherwise totally stock. VERY tempting.

Edit: Mechanically stock

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2010

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

angryhampster posted:

Are those wheels stock? I thought they all had 7-spokes.

They're stock Civic wheels, but not Si. I would replace them with the wheels I have in the garage either way.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

meatpimp posted:

Stream of consciousness analysis:

Lowered / tinted / wheels... that's not a stock car. Who knows what mods have been on there and removed. You can't get a good look at the exhaust, but the shot from the right rear looks like there's a fart cannon on there. VTEC stickers have been removed. Doesn't the Si come with a spoiler on the back?

That's a laundry list of mods that certainly don't qualify it as "unmolested."

hmmmm...good point on the exhaust. the spoiler was an option on the Si, and stickers are easily removable. maybe i'll just skip it since it's like 80 miles away.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/2047803736.html

92 NSX, $5k. I e-mailed the guy asking if the ad is for real, and he responded saying "yeah it's for real, but the car has no title."

How exactly does he think selling a car with no title is a good idea/going to happen?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

There's a guy on my local CL trying to sell a 323GTX for $8k American, no wiggle room. That's like $5k more than it's worth. At least the one you posted is reasonable.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Sir Tonk posted:

Holy crap, if you love SVO's you won't want to see this. (unless you need a new interior)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...3#ht_590wt_1101

I've never seen so much rust on an engine before.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Moruitelda posted:

Live in the south? That's a bit rusty, but I've seen plenty like it (and many worse) in New York.

Actually I live in the Northeast, and I've never seen an engine that looks rust seized.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

Oh Kijiji, why do you do this to me?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-PANTERA-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ226465965

And why the hell can't I find an estate sale with stuff like that?

If I lived in Canada, I'd go give him a stack of hundreds tomorrow...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

If I didn't value my marriage, I'd do the same.

My wife has learned to accept my car hoarding. I suggest you get your wife into treatment so she can also.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Hardly an amazing deal, but this would be an excellent candidate for an autox build. Pretty good find for the area assuming it's in fair condition.

Every drat 91 Civic hatch around here is that same color. I had one, I always see the one you linked running around, and there are at least 2 more besides.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Elephanthead posted:

FIAT

Ferrari Imatato Automobileo Transportato

You know, I didn't even notice the prancing horses until I saw your post...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MrChips posted:

Some of the local guys have probably seen this ad at least once; here we go again, for about the millionth time:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-BMW-3-Series-330i-Most-Powerful-One-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ274801107

I love how his *~Real Carbon Fiber Trunk isn't a real trunk at all, just a bit stuck to the trunk:

Also, how bad do those Z3M Roadstars fit in the back? :psyboom: This guy just won't give up trying to sell his trainwreck.

I also like how he refers to the wheels as "exotic rare". That combo of words is fantastic.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Scientist posted:

Is that right? What orientation? Like, inline-5? How bizarre, I don't even want to begin thinking about what the timing is like.

Probably very similar to Audis and VWs with I5 engines.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some of you may remember a while ago, I posted pictures of my friend Bill's 635hp Prelude in the AIest images thread; well now he has it for sale, and he is asking $13k for it. It makes 430whp on pump gas and 635whp on race gas. It's got a full interior, and the body is all stock - not riced out at all. From personal experience, this is a super clean and reliable monster-powered FWD car.

Pictures:

Here's a link to his hondamarketplace ad, with contact information. It's located in State College, PA.

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3027523&highlight=turbolude97

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 12, 2012

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

keykey posted:

How bad does this thing torque steer? Is it even driveable?

Yes it's driveable. It goes like hell even on the street tune, and he used to drive it daily.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Factory posted:

Oh alright. Yeah, I mentioned University, but I only have classes 7:30-1pm two days a week. My light course load and minimal amount of work right now allows me to pour time into this.

So just buy it already. You're getting advice to the contrary, but obviously your heart is already in it. People are telling you that it will be an unreliable car with hard-to-find parts, which might mean the car will sit for long periods of time while you wait for parts. Not a great only car that you rely on to get to school. As a second car or a project, fine. Commuter, no.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 12, 2012

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

It's always weird when you post things from my area. I never think of any local goons until you post.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea I'm the one who sent you a rude e-mail about your STI for sale, too. What the hell are you looking for now? haha

Just always looking...Never know what might show up.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2-vehicles-for-sale-cheap-W0QQAdIdZ453248705

Lazy guy can't be bothered to even check the year of the car.

:effort:

Both might actually be a good deal.

That's an early second-gen (series 4, 1986-88). It is the absolute most basic model you could buy, down to the 4-lug wheels. No power and poor brakes. Basically a V6 Mustang RX-7

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tyro posted:

Is this possible actual gold? Looks clean but maybe overpriced? How dumb would it be to consider this as a daily driver? (I know almost nothing about rotaries)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3597803491.html

Those make pretty good daily cars as long as you keep up on checking the oil, replacing spark plugs at the correct intervals (a 5-minute job), and other basic stuff you'd do in any other car. Very simple to work on and reliable. $3200 is a good price given that it's stock and has a fairly low-mileage engine. the 13B can go upwards of 150k miles when it's naturally aspirated like in that car. If I lived closer to VA/DC, I'd jump on it. The S5 is a great-looking and driving little car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kimbo305 posted:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3730899089.html
He put some sort of aftermarket Hemi cover on his V6. Off center.

No, that's the stock intake manifold just painted red. It even says V6 on it. The interior is pretty tacky though...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

blk posted:

Hey look it's the last Lotus Elan!

Oh wait.

I love the logic in this post.

"150 HP same Hp as the Fiat Abarth also designed in Italy"

"More fun than a miata, shorter than a MR-2"

Red with pop-up headlights, so it can keep up with a Ferrari 355?

There's some joke about Ford Australia here but I don't want to be crucified.

It's terrible that I really want this, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

DrPain posted:

Quick! Somebody talk me out this.

This should be enough: It's probably not an R/T Turbo, just a regular R/T. The R/T Turbos are as hard to find as a 300GT VR-4 (because they are basically the same car), and they still command a premium over the naturally aspirated cars. If it IS a Turbo, then the price is good. If it's a regular R/T it will be slow and wallow.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

blk posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...e#ht_500wt_1182

Oh the humanity :(

The guys who specialize in tranny swaps live near my in-laws but the wife already said no :(

That engine...so clean for a Subaru.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

If a person is that anal about their car, they probably shouldn't have kids, the car, or put the fear of god in them if they touch it.

I just taught my kids from a very early age to be careful around the cars. They are allowed in the garage to get their bikes out and stuff, and I've never had one scratch on any car caused by my kids, and they are rambunctious boys. Doesn't hurt that they both love cars.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wish I was in the market for another car because that hits all the right beater buttons.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

ThirstyBuck posted:

I'm more or less in the same boat except I bought anesthesia school instead of a house. And I'm still tempted to drive across the state to drag it home.

I'm like two hours away and seriously considering it as well, but I had to pay back my First-Time Homebuyer's "Loan" in full this year since I moved to a new house, so there goes my fun car money for the next six months...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MonkeyNutZ posted:

A goon really needs to buy this:

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5051713861.html

I've seen it at the local autocross a few times and it's every bit as awesome as it looks (skip to 3:07)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34fU-qorQg&t=187s

Holy balls I love it. I am not usually into crazy modded bugs, but that one is the right mix of crazy and dumb. I really love the Volk-style wheels on it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tai-Pan posted:

And the award for Most Inappropriate use of "Racing Seats" goes to......

1973 450sl

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5117256722.html

In addition to the era-inappropriate seats and shifter, the thing that bothers me most is that the front tires are mounted backwards (the wheels are just on the wrong side). What a simple thing to fix, why would you leave it?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rhyno posted:

I see no widebody there, just lovely sideskirts.

It has fender flares, which doesn't make it not an abomination

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Possible gold? I'd like to go take a look at this for a cheap woods beater/winter car. Finding anything of this age with essentially no rust around here is miraculous.
http://williamsport.craigslist.org/cto/5519777549.html

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't know about your area, but see if he'll do 2k and only if the top isn't torn to poo poo.

Around here a running, driving, non-rusty, inspected 4x4 for $2500 is pretty tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is any modern car with over 200k really worth more than $1000?

Might belong in stupid questions, but I'm genuinely curious. At over 200k, aren't you just waiting for the engine to blow out?; assuming the trans has already been replaced at mileage that high.

Engines and transmissions don’t magically explode at 200k miles, and $1k is a laughably low price for a car in 2018. My one forester xt has 214k miles and is running perfectly on its original engine and trans, and the other has 190k and also runs perfectly while making almost 300awhp on an upgraded factory motor with 40k miles but original transmission. Both are worth many thousands of dollars, as is basically any Subaru (for example) with any number of miles. You’d be extremely lucky to find a car of any type where I live for $1k that is inspected and drivable regardless of miles. A grand basically gets you a basket case or a pile of parts.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 27, 2018