Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down
Do you have a dremel? I’d put a slot in it myself, that is if you can get it in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

ufarn posted:

No Dremel, but just before reading your post, I spotted an Allen key that was lying around. I've tried a lot of silly things, and maybe an Allen key will have the sufficient contact surface area to make it work.

I’ve heard of people filling the heads with solder and attaching a small handle to it, suppose it’s worth trying if the Allen doesn’t work out.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down
Do not burn it. Shower promptly after loving with it.

I don’t get a reaction to it, but my stepdad was nearly hospitalized after burning some random brush that had poison I’ve inside

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

obi_ant posted:

I want to horizontally place a 1x4 Ikea Kallax shelf, on top of a 4x4 Ikea Kallax shelf. Because of my space restrictions, this is the only way I can maximize the amount of space I'm working with.

I can't mount the Kallax shelves onto the wall because there is a 1 1/2" - 2" molding at the bottom. Is there some sort of clamp I can use to secure the top shelf and the bottom shelf? The "middle" (space between the top of the clap and bottom of the clap) seems to be two inches. The only clamps I've been able to find require you to screw them in, but I don't want to do that. Am I out of luck unless I screw them together?

I used mending straps to connect to two 2x4 kallax units into a room divider/bookshelf. We had a pretty gnarly earthquake here in March and even with it anchored to the wall I could see the top deflecting about 6”. It’s definitely not going to be very stable unless you find a way to tie it into a stud. I also put rubber stick on pads between the two pieces.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Hed posted:

You're supposed to say you would get a full size combi oven!!

That would be a great choice for someone who rarely cooks, since they're always broken.