Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I've been working on my basement for a while now (Sorry for the image quality, I don't have a nice camera handy). It will take another couple of months. So far, the mahagany bar is done, understocked, but done. The wine racks under it are close to full though, so its no huge loss.

In that last pic you can see the stereo in the mirror, thats going to be moved to the AV room right of the bar.

Its my fathers old one, Phase Linear model 3300 amp and pre amp, transiet noise eliminator, ADC split channel 10 fq EQ, and a few other toys. All hooked up to two Klipsch speakers. When I have a chance I was going to rig up a switch bored so I can hook up my old PC as an input and attach wireless interfaces in every room so that I can call up any song and play it in any room.

The AV room itself still needs to be supplied with carpeting, a TV, and a couch. All its got in it is a recessed mahogany cabinent and a older french coal godan to make it cozy warm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dobermaniac posted:

A few years ago I put together a potato gun and really wanted to build something a bit bigger. I finally got all my parts together and finally got to shoot it this weekend. It uses 2 rainbird sprinkler valves, 2" air chamber, and a 2" barrel. I haven't gotten to fully power it up because the crappy air compressor I had dies at 60psi and the valves are rated to 125psi. I'll put up some more videos when we shoot it again.

Be careful not to exceed the maximum pressure limit on the PVC. explosive brittle fracture is a nasty thing when its right next to your face.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
NonEntity, A friend of mine was hoping I could build him a lightsaber. I said I'd think about it. His question made me think of you, and now I ask you, how much did the body of yours cost?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So my friends have once again said there is something I can't build. So of course I'm going to try.

Electric Pocket Rocket.

Out of Popsicle sticks.

Do you think it can be done safely? I planned on using a minimum amount of metalwork for interior bracing, linkages, and shocks, but other then that try to make the body out of popsicle sticks.

Baring that, cutting up 1/8" steel or aluminum and making what would look like a giant erector set. Which I feel would fit the spirit of the original challenge.

Any input on this critical decision while I start getting the electric parts bought gathered?