Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirormadman
Jan 13, 2008

I have seen...things
Builded me a patio in the summer:

1. The planning. Estimated the pavers and base material using areas, but counted the wall blocks because they're not cheap. Thanks Sketchup.

2. The digging. All by hand because I figured renting a digger would have cost more money in the long run taking into account lawn repairs.

3. The Laying. Base, then bricks, then more base, then more bricks.

4. Presto-changeo, done! Gave it a splash of water for this pic for that glossy centerfold look.

I made sure to make a deep and compact base, so I hope the frost doesn't move it too much.

All in all, it was about 8 man-days in work (Thanks, bro).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirormadman
Jan 13, 2008

I have seen...things

Not an Anthem posted:

Nice, but is the drain spout running down that step going to push out sand or filler? That's very classy.
Thanks. Yeah, I gotta fix that. Think I'll route it to the little garden on the left.