Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mixed media. The body is wire. The head, feet, and hands are painted foam, the inner body is scrap and the fur is needle felted wool.

I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Aw thank you much.
Here's a life sized sloth I did using the same thing. Haven't quite finished the face yet, I ran out of white fur. Orange guy is there for scale.

Here you can see the finished side of the face better

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 19, 2019

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
one thing i read was to do project that "can't be perfect"

hello

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

been doing embroidery with watercolor pencils

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Trabant posted:

That's fantastic :3:

So the lines are embroidered and then you pencil in the watercolours?
yes!

it's based off a painting, i needed to practice my technique (a lot more licking then you'd think)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
aww thanks guys

simple shading

i like the way the colors turned out...it just took a few tries to get to it...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ok, here are some of my first embroidery things

just something from one of my favorite comics
https://english.bouletcorp.com/2015/02/02/24-hours-comic-the-gaeneviad/

everyone should know this guy. my mom likes cows
https://dresdencodak.com/2009/09/22/caveman-science-fiction/

up close chickens are terrifying

this is just testing to see if i could do so many tiny stitches without my hand cramping up

unfortunately they were all done on the only canvas i had which turned out to be very good canvas.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Decoy Badger posted:

A+ energy, would disregard prior to my gruesome murder at the end of act one which demonstrates how deadly the cursed dolls are.
thank you, every doll i make looks cursed as gently caress. i keep them in a glass container for a week just in case.
there's a belief that you put a piece of your soul into everything you make so you must create a flaw for that piece to escape. mine are more like soul sieves.
i love the little filthy angel, fun fact: every visible stitch is cosmetic, the arms and legs are clay, and it's stuffed with shredded cash to make it oddly heavy. also that green and pink was supposed to be a lilly pad that did not work out.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

watercolor and embroidery. i'm trying for more of a "sketchy" look to the embroidery lines. the creature itself is blatantly stolen from an idea a person has that pops up on pinterest
i'm spraying them with scotchguard? hoping that helps?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Jestery posted:

My camera took it's first photos today thanks to forums moderator Megabound

awesome.

Serenade posted:

I have some diy light fixtures I want to make, but where can I get LED strips that are hardwired and look good? I've got some cheap ones from amazon that are good for messing around with, but require a plug and have a low CRI.
Neopixel lights exist, but those are likely overkill. Don't need individually addressable lights when they're all going to be set to "white." (Though, being able to adjust temperature would be a nice bonus feature)
ask the action figure thread in "bisexual super sons". they're always building display stands and such

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
100% no disrespect AT ALL but i LOVE things that look janky but work really well. half the poo poo i make i purposefully add flaws and weirdness (the other half is accidental flaws and jank). again, no disrespect, i think it's awesome because it looks so not professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ok. he is really hard to take a good photo of so i apologize if these are too blurry.

he's fuzzy so the camera couldn't focus

the big black felt coat doesn't help

felt and needle felted wool and sewing and pipe cleaners and clay make a very dapper young frog about town.