Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

UserNotFound posted:

Entryway that was really fun to plan and build, luckily my mom volunteered to stain it.

Do you have the plans for this? My cousin want's something similar, only longer like a tunnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Mister Sinewave posted:

The Rural re-use of things version of that is stacking old tires :v:

Add new tire on top, fill with dirt.

Bonus of just pulling them apart to harvest. I always hated plowing + picking potatoes.

I tried that for a few years and I'm pretty sure that the sun on the black rubber cooked them to death :(

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I've just about finished building my planter box. No ordinary planter, this is a wicking bed design - Basically there is a big tank of water at the bottom, which will slowly seep up into the soil to water the plants. Refill through the pipe occasionally as needed, and no more wilty crops. This is a bit of a prototype, if it works well I may build submerged varieties in other garden beds that I have.

These work very well. I built two of them that are about 4' by 16' in my backyard, and and my tomato plants make everyone else's look like an idiot.

Mine are made from 6x6 timbers and just sit on the ground, but you can have them go below ground if you want. I didn't because I also use them as dog traffic management and I don't like kneeling to to the gardening.