Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kyacker
Nov 17, 2003

ll klye baker. he is wife.

easyjo posted:

Recent Project:

LED Display. I recently got an LED display as I saw one at a great price. Primarily for displays RSS feeds, etc. The display came with some windows software to display messages, and after sorting out the syntax that it used I wrote a little php app that writes to the serial port, allowing whatever message to be displayed.

Although at the moment, it just currently sits on the internet accepting messages:
https://www.easyjo.com/led.php

This is awesome. Can you please post a howto? PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kyacker
Nov 17, 2003

ll klye baker. he is wife.
I like to build flyrods. It's a hobby of mine that has been profitable in the past. I helped me relax throughout college when I had tests and whatnot. So, I built, here recently, a rod turning station so that I can apply the thread to the rod/eyelets properly. It's adjustable for rod length and eyelet spacing and is built from clear poplar. This doesn't show the drying mechanism at the end that turns the rod so the poly thread epoxy dries evenly.
I'm currently in the process of building a jig so that I can add customer's names and initials in thread to the rod. It's a pretty nasty process and takes a lot of patience and skill but people are really floored when they see their name in the thread of the rod.

The rod on there right now is before anything has been attached. I was getting an idea for the action on the turner. This one is a two-piece 7' rod that I built for my dad.

If anyone is interested, I build rods that are reasonable, especially compared to the prices that other custom rod builders charge. I can acquire all of the major company's blanks and build what you need but most of my experience is in low weight rods for freshwater.

kyacker fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 7, 2008