Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kel
Jul 4, 2004
just a dude...

DrBouvenstein posted:

Great table, but you put rings for the cups? As an avid beirut player, I have two issues with this.

1) Taking care to throw the ball and not knock over a cup is part of the game. Most rules I know impose a one to two cup penalty for knocking over a cup of beer. To me, this is the equivalent of having those bumper rails when you go bowling.

2) You can only ever have ten cup games. It's nice to have a bigger game, use 15 cups, more beer, and sometimes even teams of three people.

What kind of sissy beirut do you play? Knocking over cups is part of the game. Hell, my friends and I will do full fast-pitch baseball style throws when we get desperate. You have to weigh the value of winning against the chance that you'll look like a total jerkbag and piss off your friends a little bit, but it's damned satisfying to blast a cup all over the opposing team's clothing.

The raised rings are silly though - you need to be able to play 10-cup, 6-cup, or 50-million cup. Most places just paint the rings on the tables for easy setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU