Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maso
Jul 6, 2004

fuck bitches get stud fees
Working on some Ibizan Hound lapel pins:

Still have a lot of finishing to do yet, but at least they're assembled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maso
Jul 6, 2004

macpod posted:

^^^
What did you do to color the upper left hand pin? Or is that just discoloring from cutting the metal? It looks interesting.
It's just the patina that copper gets after it's been soldered but before it's been cleaned.

They're all done now. :)

maso
Jul 6, 2004

Local Yokel posted:

Those would make a neat stamp on the front of the head-tube on a classic old bike. They turned out well, good work.

Thanks!

maso
Jul 6, 2004

ambrosia posted:

And I'll keep my eye out for dead bugs, lol.
https://id261.securedata.net/necromance/catalogue.php?category=entomology

I always wanted to know how to embed stuff in resin. I imagine it would be hard not to have a lot of little air bubbles. If you try this out I'd love to see what you learn from it.

maso
Jul 6, 2004

ambrosia posted:

Those spider webs are amazing, I never thought of trying that.

Well those are sandwiched between glass and a background (I think is how they do it) but if you kept scrolling down they sell "loose" bugs. There's neat little bones in the zoology section if you were interested in that, too. I tried casting some python vertebrae when I was in school, and it never worked quite right...however you can blame that on the fact that I blow rear end at casting. :v: Bottom line is that Necromance carries awesome stuff for crafting. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maso
Jul 6, 2004

I'm working on a wire-haired version of the Ibizan Hound pins I posted on the last page. Finally figured out how I want it to look. I'm pretty pleased, I think they're going to end up really cute. :keke:

It's not even soldered together yet, but it made me smile.