Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G_Gnome
Sep 24, 2004
The G Gnome Project
I'm just finishing my kitchen counters. We had a raised crappy bar that needed to go because it made for a really tiny 10" opening between the dining area and the kitchen. I don't have any proper before pics handy, but you can kind of see where it used to be - look for my half-assed drywall repair just under the lightswitch.

Here's an in-progress, the yellow doors are really closer to the yellow-orange in the accent tiles in the next pic.

I built the new counter with doubled up 3/4" ply and hardiboard, then tiled the gently caress out of that fucker.

--It's not perfect, but it's looking a hell of a lot better than it did before. The tile is mostly tumbled marble so it still needs sealant once it's properly cured. Then I need to pull out the "gently caress-it just use whatever old outside-corner you have lying around" drywall bit and paint.

Next week, tile floor in the kitchen and bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU