Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

If the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live 'till I die.

sucks to ur assmar posted:

It's just the patina that copper gets after it's been soldered but before it's been cleaned.

They're all done now. :)

Those would make a neat stamp on the front of the head-tube on a classic old bike. They turned out well, good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

Our next project after the floors was to work on our kitchen.

When we bought the house the kitchen was like this. We hated the countertops, and didn't really dig the "country feel", though we loved the cabinets.

The plumbing and electrical is a bit of a mess here, but most of this was replaced or updated somehow.

We ordered countertops, but I pulled out the existing ones, because it's apparently a $400 job to have someone else do it. ($400!)

Everything out.

It was a great time to paint with the countertops out.

Countertops were put in. These are going to be great.

It took us about forty seconds to be sick of that color, this is much better.

New sink, faucet, and hot water on demand tap.

Which means that french press coffee is only four minutes of brewing time away. This is going to be sweet!

Edit: I did the plumbing work, electrical work for the water heater, demo, painting etc myself. I suppose it could look like we hired the whole thing out. The countertop was installed by Lowes, but that's it.

Local Yokel fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 20, 2009

Local Yokel
Mar 16, 2005

Looks like a heap of work, but it also looks like it was worth it. Things look classy and clean now. We're halfway through a similar project. I hate peeling wallpaper, but thankfully I think we're finally one with that part.