Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyanNotBrian
Nov 28, 2005

Always five, acting as one. Dedicated! Inseparable! Invincible!
Hi all,

Pretty much finished our big backyard upgrade. Here are some pics:

Before: My wife starting on the painting

Before: the other corner of the backyard

After: Same place as the first pic

After: Same place as the second pic

After: The whole backyard

All we are waiting on are some decorative pots for the plants, also still debating whether we should stain the deck to be darker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyanNotBrian
Nov 28, 2005

mcsuede posted:

Can you tell me more about the deck "floor"? Where did you get those wooden squares?

Here in Australia there's a large homewares chain called Freedom. We got them from there at about $75 (Aussie $$) per square meter (4 tiles).

The tiles had the word "iDeck" stamped underneath, and a bit of Googling finds them here:
http://www.floorings.com/deckingMaterials.shtml
and here:
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.292499/sc.2/category.490/.f

Very easy to lay, it took about 2 half days to do our 20 square meter courtyard, and most of that time was cutting them to fit around the edges and poles.

RyanNotBrian
Nov 28, 2005

monkey no. 142857 posted:

Looks great! I'd like to see a photo of it at night if you get a chance.