Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

BaronVonBigmeat posted:

If you are poor and lazy like me, you can still have a sweet home theater lighting setup. No wiring, no cutting sheetrock. The electronics are available at x10.com for under $100, and the can lights are $15, available at some Home Depots.

http://mipsisrisc.com/rambling/archives/28

Goon built project about controlling X10 apps with the iPhone/iPod touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this so bumpin' this one. :)

Recently finished building a pinhole camera. This one was just a prototype, just to see where my woodworking skills happen to be (fairly low, apparently.)

Started with the front and rear boards:

Sides and some interior work with flat black paint to prevent reflection:

And completed:

The camera uses 4"x5" large format film. For those not familiar with pinehole cameras, there's no glass lens. Just a thin bit of metal with a tiny hole in it. Despite that, images are pretty clear and the depth of field is nearly infinite.

I'm getting ready to start on another using the lessons learned from this one. Might make a separate thread for that one. :)

I've made loads of those in the past. Gotta get around to doing a 10x8 sometime. Your images are super crisp, did you buy a lasercut pinhole?

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Oh, and if you've got any pics of your cameras, I'd love to see 'em. Always looking for inspiration. :) I'm about to start another one. I just need to go get the wood for it this weekend.

Gave them to my local college a few years back. Going to cheat and create a pinhole front to my large format camera though.