Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutty
Jun 9, 2006

checkmeat
Here's a quick and dirty picture-hanging project I found on Instructibles: It's basically 1/8" braided steel wire, some various parts that I can't remember the names of off hand, and some small neodymium magnets. Also, blurry cameras.

The right side, with the thingy to adjust the tension. You can see the extra magnets hanging there, too:

Left side, just a screw eye and clamp:

Overall picture of the finished project:

It was pretty easy to put up. I had the wire cut at Home Depot into equal lengths, and mounted the screw eyes straight to the drywall.

Bonus picture - CD covers are fun to make for Mix CD exchanges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutty
Jun 9, 2006

checkmeat

thewaablah posted:

Did you make the image for the threadless shirt?

Wish it wasn't only in baby sizes.

No, I'm not that cool. I snagged both images from a Post Your Backgrounds thread not too long ago, and edited them to jewel case liner size.

Cutty
Jun 9, 2006

checkmeat

Slo-Tek posted:

Boatload of fun

That's sweet, my flatmate and I were talking about building a small boat this summer, and took a look at some designs for small houseboats. Did you make or buy the pontoons?

Cutty
Jun 9, 2006

checkmeat

Slo-Tek posted:

Everything is designed and built from scratch, by amateurs, and all wood, except for the copper plating on the bottom (and the fastners, and enough 5200 to build a a boat of nothing but glue).

The pontoons are built from 4x8 3/4" ply.

Man, that's huge. If you don't mind, how many people are working on it, how much money have you put into it, and what are the rough (length, width, height) dimensions? Maybe you can make a starter thread and update it when it's done in a couple years. :)