Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScottK
Jun 28, 2006
My entire house has really been a project, but here are some pictures of the kitchen. The first picture is how the kitchen looked when we bought it, all the other ones are current. The kitchen is really a mess in the after photos, maybe I will take some pics when it is clean later.

Before:

After:

new cabinet doors:

new backsplash:

tile floor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottK
Jun 28, 2006
This used to be a screened porch, now it's a little office.

ScottK
Jun 28, 2006

jovial_cynic posted:

That looks great! I wonder, however, if those huge windows are going to turn that office into a sun room, such that it'll be intolerably hot during the summer. You may want blinds/curtains at some point...
We actually do refer to it as a sunroom, and yes we definitely will need blinds. We plan on putting the white 2" faux wood blinds up, and we may only do so on the front two windows that face the street. The street is a relatively busy one and also they are the two windows that the sun shines through, and it warms the room a good bit.

I actually put a little "window unit" a/c in the back corner of the room (in the small "wall" section beneath the windows) for the summer, and I'm hoping that the sun actually keeps the room warm during the winter.