Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

lol internet. posted:

Hmm not sure what this is called but an app or website perhaps.

I am looking to basically choose a sitting, pin point a ton of attractions/sights/addresses and I would like the app to show me the optimal route to see them so I don't back track. Any suggestions? Not even sure how I would google this.

I often make a Google Maps list of all the places I want to check out on a trip (I have a bunch of different lists of saved places), then I zoom out and figure out the path based on where the pins mostly fall. I used to do this with a physical map (back in the day) and just carry it around with me. I don't know if there are any apps to optimize your route, but I like to plot it out myself anyway. Once I can see the points of interest plotted out, I find it's easy to stake out a path. YMMV, I like to wander and give myself time to take an unexpected turn if something comes up, so having an app tell me the optimal path isn't what I am looking for when I travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU