Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Honestly I like that they arrange transport between cities/countries and the accommodation and the overall plan of where to visit, but once I'm in the city I want to walk off by myself and explore without a group (or with if I decide to or if make travel buddies). Is travelling through intrepid/g adventures not right for me? or does it depend on the itinerary/trip type etc.?

This is a bit late but if you're thinking of doing Europe try Busabout tours. It's basically a Hop on Hop Off ticket, but of Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
What is everyone's best recommendations for travel related iPhone apps? Seen a few floating about but I'm bored and want to see a few more!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Kitsch! posted:

In regards to traveling to the Schengen area as a US citizen (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/schengen-fact-sheet.html), how exactly does it work with the three months/90 days regulation to travel without a visa?

Per the State Department's website, "During each six months period, you will have three months of visa-free travel within the Schengen area." I traveled to a Schengen area country in early April and stayed about 18 days, so I assume that "started" the six months period and would be counted towards the time limit. If I were to visit any of the Schengen area countries again in the near future, would I have a little over two months left of visa-free travel time?

Luckily I recently renewed my passport so it's good until 2024.

Yeah, so say you enter the Schengen zone on January 1, and stayed 15 days, you'd still have 75 days of travel until it resets on July 1. Remember that countries still can look to you for a few things - proof you aren't going to be working illegally (aka do you have the funds to support how long you are staying) and proof of how long you are staying (Aka Exit ticket)

This is fairly rare and I've been booking people into Europe on one ways (warning them each time) for years now and never had an issue but still can be picked up on.

Be careful with stamping in and out of the Schengen zone as well. Some people forgot to stamp out if they enter like, Turkey or the UK, and it looks like they are in the EU for a lot longer.

Borders within the Schengen zone are very lax though, as in don't even need to show your passport half the time.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

LLSix posted:

My wife really loves visiting Europe and I like Greco-Roman architecture so we're thinking about doing a cruise that stops at different ports on the Mediterranean Sea for our honeymoon in September. I've never booked a cruise before so we're still in the Googling around stage without any great ideas on where to start. Are there good sites to book cruises? Has anyone taken a Mediterranean or coastal cruise before and had good or bad experiences? Are there any cruises that spend more than a day in any given city? A single day doesn't seem like nearly long enough to see a city.

I know a few celebrity cruises do like, Overnight in Istanbul. But that's kind of the good and the bad thing about a cruise. Lots of small stops, easy, but they are small.