Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is it just me, or did Kayak and the other big sites used to list things like "all-inclusive" and "couples only" in their hotel filters? I'm looking for an all inclusive deal for a hotel for my honeymoon, and having to figure out if a hotel has an all inclusive package is really eating up a lot of time when looking through them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, this may be a stupid question, but with sites like Kayak and Travelaxe, if I search for a hotel room for 2 people and list the results to show the trip total, and a hotel listing comes up at, say, $1000, does that mean $1000 for the room for two people, or $1000 per person? I ask because when we checked with a travel agent a few months ago, they quoted us a trip totaling around $3400 which included airfare, hotel, fees and taxes. I realize that prices have changed between then and now, but I'm seeing prices for flights at a similar timeframe, and hotels with similar qualities, for $1-2k total. That's a huge price difference for two trips where the only real difference is whether I went to a travel agent or booked it myself.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is there a place to ask about booking excursions?

I'm looking to book two excursions for my vacation today, because they both have deals like "save 30% off for booking 5 days in advance!" and the like. My wife thinks it'll always be cheaper to book through the hotel when we check in, but if it isn't, then we'll be losing out on a decent chunk of money that'd otherwise be used for souvenirs and food. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I call the hotel and ask what their prices are for them?