Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

Many people in the US also end up getting British or German citizenship through their legal loopholes as well. Possibly other countries, but those are, I think, the big three for that route.

Even a single grandparent born in Ireland will get you Irish citizenship.

I think I bring that up a lot in this forum, but it still blows my mind that I'm a citizen of a country I've never been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

.net, actually.

edit: never mind, .com redirects there.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Laopooh posted:

Does anyone know of a site where I can plug in the cities I've been to so far on my trip and get a map with nice Indiana Jones style red lines showing my route? I'd like something I can update with each new place I've been and easily get a new pic.

Also, any recommendations for travel blog sites? I signed up for blogspot but before I dig in I'd like to know if there are better alternatives.

I prefer Wordpress, Blogspot was pretty buggy when I tried it but that was like 5 years ago. This is my Wordpress travel blog: http://gentlemenoftheroad.wordpress.com/

Bear in mind that both Wordpress and Blogspot are censored by some countries, making it a pain in the rear end to update if you don't have your own domain. This can usually be circumvented by a proxy but it's a lot easier to download it BEFORE you go to said freedom-hating countries. Freegate is pretty good, I was using Tor in Vietnam but China is a bit more savvy and blocks it somehow.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Can anyone reccomend good (and free) downloadable language guides for iPods? World Nomads has a bunch, but their quality is awful. I specifically need a Mongolian one.