Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Saladman posted:

What are good travel forums for less-visited countries? This forum is pretty decent for Europe and North America (and maybe Asia too, I never check those threads) but there isn't a lot here when you post about Latin America or Africa for instance.

Lonely Planet's forums are sometimes OK, but even then fairly thin, like I was kind of surprised that even there Cameroon only has 2 threads within the last month—and only one had responses, and that was a single response. I was looking into Algeria a while ago, and we ended up going somewhere else instead, but I had little luck finding anywhere you could ask questions about it, even then searching in French as well, not that I knew where to look.

I've found plenty of static resources about less-visited countries, but mostly blogs and stuff where things are often massively out of date.
Tripadvisor has location specific forums.

For active forums on obscure places, there is not really a clearinghouse. Gotta find 'em one-by-one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU