Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Mackieman posted:

Personally I'd keep it in hopes of future travel. But if you really want to change it and are fully aware of the asstastic conversion rate you're going to get, there are a bunch of currency exchange places all over NYC. Yelp or Google are your friend.

I used to think this way until I got rear end-hosed out of $100 on Indian Rupee 500 and 1000 notes that I had in my drawer after they got banned. I head to India every couple of years for work so I figured I would keep some cash around, bad idea. Gave them to a friend to cash for me, but his trip got cancelled last minute. Same thing when I went to Uganda, dude from work hooked me up with some notes from when he was there a few years prior. Went to give a cab driver a note and he explained how the country had deleted all the old money, and replaced it with new. Fortunately I had the same amount in new bills, but the old money was worthless.

Also some countries get sketchy on the age of money, whether it has any creases, or any writing on it. There are only a few country's notes that I would keep long term in any amount beyond collectors purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU