Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Bah, just got screwed on some Orbitz tickets. By Delta.

I bought them for my mom, who is traveling Rochester (ROC) to Honolulu (HNL). The layover is in Atlanta (ATL). They gave her 38 minutes to change from the B to the E terminal, and when I called them on this (and their own posted "40 minute minimum") they said it'd be fine.

She's freaking out that she's going to miss the connection since there's no way the worlds fastest track sprinter could deplane, cross the entire B terminal, go down 6 stories to the train, ride the once-every-15-minutes-train over 3 terminals, go up 6 stories of stairs and then across the terminal in 38 minutes. Let alone a 68 year old woman. Also there's no way her luggage would make it.

They offered to change her to a flight that leaves 3 hours earlier out of ROC for the low low price of $800 (for a ticket that originally cost less than that). Bah. Weighing cancelling the whole thing and starting over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

TheLizard posted:

What're the ontime stats for ROC-ATL?

Also, why did she book a ticket with such a short layover? They do publish those things, you know.

They changed the flight time (up 25 minutes) and sent me an email about a month ago. The flight is in 13 days, so I have time to try to fix it.

Right now the flight is 7:45am landing at 10:07am (most of these flights land at B10), and the connecting flight leaves from E18 at 10:45am. According to Delta, the minimum connecting time is 40 minutes for Hartsfield, but that only applies to "International Flights" regardless of which terminal they leave from, and E is the international terminal.

The new flight would leave Rochester at 630am and give her plenty of time to make the connection. (I don't know why I said 3 hours earlier in the previous post, that would also have been acceptable, I've been on hold with Orbitz/Delta all day).

Also I misread your post, it's "on time" 95% of the time, according to flight stats.

EDIT: They finally just said "she's flying in to Delta's main hub at 10am, trying to get to Hawaii, she'll be fine if she misses the connection, the backup is to LAX then HNL, or she can just do standby in Rochester for the 630 flight without paying anything."

So I guess it's one of those "hope it works out for the best" kind of things.

milquetoast child fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 13, 2010