Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I've got a cousin's wedding coming up on September 13th, in Massachusetts. I'm in Michigan. Looking through flights and such, looks like the flights are around $250+. They have a special rate at the Hilton for $118 a night, I'd want to stay Friday night and Saturday night. I'd also probably need a car.

Am I crazy for considering renting a car from Avis (discount through work gives me a sub-compact for $98 Friday-Monday) and just driving there? Through Canada it's about 1400 miles round trip, so if the car gets an average of 35 MPG (says 38 highway, 27 city) I'm spending about $170 in gas. Not a huge savings, but I've never been to New York and it might be nice to just drive through it.

Am I setting myself up for disaster? It says "unlimited" miles but I've never looked into renting for that long. I'd take my own car but it's a Jeep that averages about 17 MPG. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I ended up deciding to just fly to my cousin's wedding. Are there any good tips on car rental while I'm out there? I'm assuming renting directly from the airport will end up being more expensive.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Not really advice on travel, but does anyone have any recommendations for a carry on bag with rollers that has a slot for a laptop? I travel with two laptops and generally use a large laptop bag as my carry on item, but I've run into a few situations where I need to bring some extra stuff and end up using my roller bag and wrapping the second laptop up in a pair of sweatpants and using my small laptop bag for the other.

Though I guess alternatively any recommendations for a backpack small enough to be considered a personal item but that can carry two laptops?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Harminoff posted:

Looking to book my girlfriend my daughter (17) and myself our first domestic trip! We are looking at all inclusive just for the peace of mind of not having to worry about anything.

Trip would be leaving anytime the week of March 19th to the week of March 26th.

It's looking like punta cana is the most affordable location? Would that be the best pick, or is there other places we should look as well? Looking for more beach stuff than pools/waterparks

It's too early in the morning for me because I read this very, very wrong at first without commas.