Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!
The boards over at Flyer Talk have an impressive array of knowledge; everything from airline specific information to dining and travel reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!
Just a note about Kayak, because I know it's heavily used. As of this fall, American Airlines will no longer allow them to display search results from AA.com.

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!

Laopooh posted:

Does anyone know of a site where I can plug in the cities I've been to so far on my trip and get a map with nice Indiana Jones style red lines showing my route? I'd like something I can update with each new place I've been and easily get a new pic.

http://www.flightmemory.com

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!
What're the ontime stats for ROC-ATL?

Also, why did she book a ticket with such a short layover? They do publish those things, you know.

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!
If they change your flight times after purchase to something you can't use you can ask them to rebook you same day at no charge. I've done this countless times (like when my IAD-SFO-BKK flight became IAD-LAX-SFO-NRT-BKK) without issue.

If this flight is 95% on time you shouldn't have too much of a problem unless she's flying out of ROC in winter, in which case you're playing weather roulette. My suggestion would be to call and have them rebook her, since if she misses her connection and there are no seats on the ATL-LAX or LAX-HNL legs she will be SOL.

Getting that rebooked before hand will solve all sorts of problems you might have day-of.

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!
How bad would ROC-ATL-EWR-HNL suck? Fly to Atlanta just to fly back north again.

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Anyone used http://www.intrepidtravel.com/? Any thoughts from those that have heard about it or can compare it to others?

If you're wondering if they're legit, they are. They are part of a group of travel agencies that organizes small group travel - generally setting up the hotel, transportation (generally local) and a guide. I've used a similar agency, Imaginative Traveler before, and it was fine. Intrepid is one of the bigger names in that industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLizard
Oct 27, 2004

I am the Lizard Queen!

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Honestly I like that they arrange transport between cities/countries and the accommodation and the overall plan of where to visit, but once I'm in the city I want to walk off by myself and explore without a group (or with if I decide to or if make travel buddies).

Yep. They usually don't include food or things to do once you are in a city/town; your time is your own.