Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hey all, general travel question that doesn't really deserve it's own thread, I don't think.

My buddies and I are trying to book a flight to Las Vegas from the Boston are (basically from Boston, Portland or Manchester) on Dec. 10th (or maybe 9th). We kind of dropped the ball and missed some deal a few days ago where we could've gotten round-trip for $170; now prices are up to about $300 or so. The decision we need to make is whether it makes more sense to wait until the very last minute and hope for another deal, or whether we should just bite the bullet and book on Southwest today, which is marginally more expensive but also has the option to fly nonstop, which is a big plus because we'll have lots of luggage that we really don't want to get lost in transit.

So, is there anything to be said to waiting until the last minute for a deal or is that just a fool's errand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU