Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am traveling internationally this fall, and now that I am an old person with a family and responsibilities, it seems to make sense to get some travel insurance. Is there a particular company that people would recommend for this? I've never bothered before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think the biggest thing would be medical - if my kid gets sick and I have to rush him to a hospital in Istanbul or something I want to make sure we're covered for that (our health insurance technically covers that sort of emergency care, but I'd prefer not to count on it). It would also be nice if we could get some sort of coverage for stuff like missed connections or if we have to cut the trip short for some reason, too, but I think medical is the thing most likely to really screw us up - especially if we end up talking evacuations and the like.