Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Onemanga has this up to chapter 39, is that the latest chapter release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well just flew through it, and I love it. How often are chapters released anyway? It seemed like 39 ended abruptly and man is this good.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hentaikid posted:

He has been run through with a sword. If it got a lung or his guts he's done for. No antibiotics...

He was also knocked underwater in Norway temperatures for a few minutes without resurfacing, so I don't think we can look at his (or any character's) injuries with a realistic eye.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Floki's face in chapter 43 made the chapter for me...among other things.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I haven't read previous chapters since march, but I think it was around the time they had just escaped thorkell's guys by getting across the river, and askeladd's troops were all marching along in a line.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

My day always gets better when I see this thread on the first page.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

ARRRRRRRRRRRR that was so freaking cool!

I need the next chapter, god I love this series.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well there was that period from march to august or so. But I totally agree, I've found a lot of great series that are either fairly new, inconsistent, or (usually)both.

One of them I'd like to point out to people in this thread. It's called mercenary pierre, onemanga has it. It's set in the hundred years war period, deals with a mercenary leader and his run ins with joan of arc. Very awesome action and humor, and it's about 18 chapters (vinland saga length chapters).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

If it is coming out it should be today or tomorrow I would think. It's driving me nuts because I really want to see a timeskip thorfinn.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Awesome, how much time do you think has passed?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

God I love this manga. It's torture it doesn't come out often enough. I hope this kid gets stabbed soon, he's sounding a little too sasuke for my tastes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

JerseyMonkey posted:

How dare you excite me for a new chapter.

Heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread near the top :colbert:

Edit: I realize I'm only making it worse by posting but I don't care!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Zo posted:

Or maybe he just keeps farming.

After hulking out. Imagine the fields he could plough!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The facial expressions in this chapter were amazing, I even saw a little hint of askeladd's face in thorfinn's angry expression near the end there.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh hey, it's chapter 71 of Vinland Saga.

http://mangastream.com/read/vinland_saga/23803426/1

EDIT: Equal parts :black101: and :aaaaa:

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 26, 2011

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

DamnGlitch posted:

I hope it's pacifist saga that actually can accomplish something, anything, without violence, unlike gundam pacifists, who only gently caress things up for other people.

There's only so much a girl can do in a man's world :smug:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Arrrg that was way too short. How old is Thorfinn now? Like 20 or something? It's hard to be serious about the old man's death when he literally died mid rake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

swamp izzo posted:

Mercenary Pierre was excellent. The ending fell a bit flat though.

I loved pierre, haven't read it in years but I remember thinking it was really great.