Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I made an impulse buy what do I do now?

The kids wanted a convertible and I am easily swayed. Loving it so far.

Edit: It's a 2017 with just under 12k miles. How much coolant do I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I lifted them both up and over twice today. It totally owns. We live in MN - Practical - No. Does driving around with the top down when it's sunny and 45 degrees - Heated Seat, Heated Wheel, and the neck warmer - heal my snow covered soul? 110%.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
My son is a seat kicker - he's 3. He kicked my seat in the Charger though too. We're looking at the RideSafer vest as it'll put them(3 and 5) lower and further back in the seat. It's honestly not THAT cramped as is.

I've wanted a droptop M3 since the E46 came out when I was in Highschool. When this popped up with super low miles, Exec/Driver Assist/Sakhir Merino Leather I decided to have them value my Scat Pack on a whim. They offered me 8k less than I paid for it brand new 5 years earlier. Getting a dream car checked off while avoiding a car payment was too hard to resist.

I do need to find a winter car sometime before November now though.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

phosdex posted:

Was this bought at BMW of Minnetonka? My sales guy there sucks.

No, Poquet Auto in Golden Valley. I put myself on the list for the new M2 like 6 months before the orders started at both Motorwerks and BMW of Minnetonka. Neither called me.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
My BMW Ownership

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Probably - Lost all my precious coolant. Airbags on wheel and under wheel went off. And rollbar posts went off and through the back window.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

You really jumped the shark on that one!!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Has anyone done Performance Delivery in Spartanburg? I had always wanted to do European Delivery, but that got killed in 2020 like everything else. It seems like a cool day in SC, but looking for a few more details to see if my wife would actually enjoy it.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Anyone have a newer BMW with the "Driving Assistance Professional Package"? I want the Adaptive Cruise Control - but the rest really seems like poo poo I don't care about/won't use.

Here is the blurb:
Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems provide partly-automated support to deliver peace of mind. Features like Active Cruise Control(Want), Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant(Normally Turn Off), Lane Change Assistant(What is this?), and Evasion Aid(What is this?) assist the driver during critical driving situations, such as the sudden presence of vehicles or pedestrians in front of the car.

Traffic Jam Assistant provides partially automated steering input on certain roadways up to 40 MPH in suitable driving conditions.(This actually sounds cool in conjunction with ACC for times I'm stuck in traffic - Not often, but handy)

Looking for input from anyone having used this stuff. Thanks!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

sanchez posted:

Generally you need to buy that package to get Adaptive Cruise, it was like that for the X5 I got. I did not option it, and so have regular cruise control only, which is pretty hilarious/lame given the cost of the car. The current generation of 'hands off' highway assist that BMW has is supposed to be superb. I have some regrets about not spending the extra $2k.

That's my concern. I feel like I don't really want to pay 1,700 for adaptive cruise and a stop and go traffic assistant, but with how much the car costs, not having it seems absurd and I'll feel like I regret not optioning it.
Edit: also having to turn the drat lane nanny off, which I hate.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

I really appreciate this. I think I'll option it - Mostly for the ACC. The Lane keep assist - The snatching is what I hate about it so interesting that got turned down. I'll have to try it before I just flip it off.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

Einmal noch.

2018. 5,995 Miles. Very similar Spec. Black instead of Red interior. Same wheels but full alloy instead of black/alloy. Missing the heated steering wheel. We'll see in 24 hours if the first time was bad luck or if the gods really never want me to have an M4.

I had a deposit down on a g80 - but this popped up for 1k less than I paid for the last M4. I was waffling if I wanted a brand new G80 with 4 and 6 year old kids who don't give a poo poo about being nice to daddy's car. Way more comfortable, and that just means M5 Wagon once my kids are not animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Teeheehee. Nice