Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
So my 10 year old TS9 died, I think, yesterday, and I've got a gig tomorrow.

It does the strangest thing. It lights up when stomped, but there's no discernible change in the sound when its on. Tried powering it through the battery and through the adapter. Anybody ever have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
It's already opened, I'll post one when I get home. Awesome.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Broken solder at one of the lugs on the gain pot :) all fixed

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Argali posted:

Why does the CS-3 get a bad rap?

The CS-3 has a tone control, which is nice, but it's a little noisier than the CS-2 and it sort of leaves its own mark on the tone whenever you dial in more than light compression. Hate using cork-sniffer terms like Transparent and Squash, but it's not particularly transparent, and therefore doesn't do a good job of providing heavy 80s squashed Dyna-Comp like compression. It IS, however, clicky and spanky as hell if that single coil clucky thing is your bag.

The CS-2 generally goes for about $50 more, but if you search, you can find them for cheap. I just got one and it's seemingly without the shortcomings of the 3. Hiss is noticeably less, and to a weirdo like me, it sounds less like a pedal and more like an exaggeration of your playing dynamics.

Hopefully ANY of that made sense.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
So my Phase 90 from the 90s is starting to poo poo out. I figure I'll take the opportunity to upgrade my board instead of just plain replace the thing. How do the vintage Phase 45s and the newer Phase 100s compare?

Probably worth asking: where do ya'll put your phase shifters in your chain?

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 7, 2013

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I got a CS-2 for cheap and it just sounds more natural and subtle than the CS-3. A little less hiss too, makes up for the lack of a tone control. But if you're careful about when and where you use your 3, it's more than adequate.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I'm a cave man who doesn't own a single fx-loop equipped amp. :)

I usually go Guitar -> Ibanez WH-10 > TC Elec Polytune > Boss CS2 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss SD 1 > Phase 90 > TC Elec Hall of Fame > Fender blackface or silverface.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Anyone ever use the old Ibanez/Maxon phaser? The orange TS9 looking one?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Yarbald posted:

I just ordered a POG 2, and took my pedalboard home from my practice space for the weekend to squeeze the POG on somewhere. It's occurring to me that I might need a bigger board; I've tried doing some rearranging, and I'm not sure how this is going to work. Right now I have a LYT 32 which has been great, but I feel I may be outgrowing it. Does anyone have any suggestions for larger boards? All I've found so far is the Pedaltrain Pro, which would only give me a couple more inches.

You may not ever need your Whammy again if you're like me.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
POG2 and don't look back.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
How silly is it to put one compressor at the front of my chain and another one after my distortion, overdrive, flanger and phaser? Is there really a difference between the two or are my ears clowning me?

Also anyone ever use the Mooer Slow Gear clone?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Or at one of the pots.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Hey Agreed. Tell me about the EP booster!

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Isn't one of them a JC120's chorus circuit in a box?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
My EP booster seems to pop whenever it's connected to 18v but doesn't seem to when it's running off 9v. Does this make sense? And will I hurt him if I power it with 12v?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Which Moog Should I get first after I sell $200 of pedals?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Got my MF Drive. Cool. I guess. What am I missing here?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Give Me Cheat Codes on the MF Drive (No Exp Pedal)

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Any pedal that can offer me arpeggiation of the notes inside a chord that I'm playing? I've got to play Baba O'Riley on a guitar and I'm looking for a lazy way to do that intro.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Seems ridiculous but you're not going to get that precision out of stompboxes. Think modelling or studio effects.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Hey geargoons. What's the most elegant and cost-effective way to send the wet sound from my EHX Freeze pedal to a different amp when I use it onstage?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
It's my understanding that: Yes, you can, but, Yes that defeats the point. Though you may find a couple pedals that play well together and make it okay.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Guys whats a nice cheap n easy compressor out there these days? Mostly looking for that RnB sound, play single coils through Fender amps.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
thank u friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Put all of your EHX on a different power supply and see if it quiets down. Their polarity is opposite of most other pedal makers. He's right, the Boss stuff is truly bulletproof. I've had some of them for 20 years and I've also had EHX crap out after less than three years. Electro-harmonix will however repair their stuff for cheap, and they are close by in Brooklyn iirc.