Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Stonking big metal case, 3 knobs on top, industrial toggle switch surrounded by black fascia fill, sockets at back...

Yeah, that looks like a Big Muff Pi to me.

For comparison:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

JohnnyWarbucks posted:

I agree that it does look like a Big Muff too, but the knobs look somewhat different and there are two foot switches on it. Maybe it could be a custom? Not that you couldn't use them together, but I figured if he already had the TS he wouldn't need the Big Muff with it; since he's only using two pedals I figured he would have some other effect.
There have been masses of Big Muff variants, clones and mods made over the years so who knows. I'm pretty sure I've never seen two identical builds outside stores. Despite the BM and TS having roughly overlapping capabilities, it's possible that he's got both them set to different tones for easy switching. After all, the quickest reload is a different weapon.

It's quite refreshing to see such a restrained pedal board, to be honest.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Krustic posted:

I have a boss super chorus that won't turn off. It works and sounds fine but whether it's powered by a battery or a wall power supply it still won't turn off when you stomp it. Is it safe to assume the switch needs replacing?

It could just be the connection between the switch and the circuitry has developed a fault.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
For dream pop you also can't go wrong with adding EQ pedals to your setup in order to sculpt all the other effects into sounding appropriately sweet.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Lexicon Vortex (assuming you can find someone willing to let go of theirs, and it's rotary encoders haven't gone haywire).

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Yeah, Beavis' articles are good.

I'm also a fan of Rane's technical notes for covering fundamental principles.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Declan MacManus posted:

Well, it's also got 7 other delays, four footswitches, modulation, and attenuators to deal with volume drop, plus it's got a simplified layout as compared to the Timefactor or Timeline. There's also the fact that it does this specific sound and no other pedals on the market do, so I don't think the asking price is wholly unreasonable, since that's what a sophisticated delay unit goes for these days.

I'm disappointed at the lack of insert sockets in the feedback path but, otherwise, this is a drat compelling and highly flexible unit.

Hopefully it'll bomb as a product so in a few years I can pick up 3 of them at second-hand bargain prices to be used with a matrix mixer. :devil:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Solder in pin sockets/headers to make it easy to swap transistors & diodes until the placebo cows come home. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Maybe bike-shedding about pedal ordering should be called bike-shredding?
:thunk: