Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?

Susano-maku da! posted:

Or install one in your guitar like Matt Bellamy from Muse and... Matt Bellamy from Muse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTSbF5Bnaw for video of Matt Bellamy's live KAOSS pad solo in Supermassive Black Hole... just if anyone's wondering how they can be applied in live guitar work.

As for me, I have a ZVex Fuzz Factory and a Zoom G2.1u but I can't make them chain friendly. If I run the Fuzz Factory straight to my (crappy Fender Frontman 15R) amp and have a little bit of overdrive on the amp it sounds pretty nice. If I chain the Fuzz Factory before the G2 with a bit of overdrive in it, it sounds crap. Same with if I chain it after the G2 (as you would really expect for this type of fuzz pedal).

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I get them to play nice? The Fuzz Face modelling fuzz in the G2 is pretty decent, but it's not got anything like the versatility and awesomeness of the self-oscillating fuzz factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007

Agreed posted:

The Fuzz Factory really has to be first in the chain (or, at least, after only TB pedals - you don't want to compromise the peculiar relationship of the input impedance to the guitar pickups' output impedance). My experience with the Zoom G2 to G9.2tt are that they can be configured to be very transparent. I was easily able to achieve unity gain with my G9.2tt. It might not be so easy with the lower end units, though.

I would honestly recommend that you pick up a better amp with an effects loop and run the G2 in the effects loop. Why in the world are you buying a Fuzz Factory to run into a 15W Fender practice amp anyway? That's putting the cart before the horse :)

By tweaking the overdrive settings and making sure the G2's compression is turned off I can get an alright sound I've discovered.

And yes, the practice amp is pretty goofy but good amps are so phenomenally expensive here in Australia (as with all music gear for some reason). Literally twice as much as you guys would pay, even with our dollars being almost equal. So for when I'm at home it just has to do the job. Not like I ever turn the volume past 2 at home anyway . :(

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
I do love the piss out of my Zvex Fuzz Factory when I'm playing Muse covers (read: every other song I play). It's just so awesome for being a tool with, getting it to oscillate its pants off. Unfortunately if I chain it into my Zoom G2.1u I need to be careful what modelling and effects I use with it or it goes to crap. I need an effects loop I guess.

Actually, on that topic. If I get myself something like a Roland KC-350 or Behringer 1800FX or whatever keyboard amp with an effects loop I'll be out of luck with that problem, won't I? 'cos I'll be needing to run the Zoom before the input into the keyboard amp still, to provide the modelling? Or will the modelling still work fine through the effects loop?