Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

CalvinDooglas posted:

Where can I get a replacement pot for a Crybaby Classic? mine makes a lot of noise.

Might try spraying some contact cleaner in it first(CAIG DeoxIT is a good one Radio shack should have it)or look here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

You might have to screw around with the position of the rack on the gear to get back to your previous "sweet spot" you had before if you switch resistances.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

snorch posted:

I just recently got a rack, and am looking for a way to cheaply populate it. For me this means buying old used gear, but much of it classifies as "vintage" or some poo poo and goes for way too much money. Is there any lesser known gear I could go for that would offer similar performance to the legendary stuff like Lexicon etc.? How good/bad is the Behringer rack stuff?

Mainly, I am looking for multi effects to hook my synths up to, but general stuff like dynamics processors or anything that will help to fatten up sounds is fair game.

Tieing this in to rat-chat from above see if you can locate an R2DU. It's basically two rats in a rack case with separate inputs/outputs and a dedicated foot switch. Should be good for fattening/dirtying things up. The separate inputs/outputs mean you can stick it in two different places in your signal chain.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I usually put a phaser after distortion or in the fx loop. Always sounds fully and more wooshy there.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

uncle spero posted:

Knew before even clicking the link it was the devi never cartridge system. I never understood how it was going to work when you consider how important the pot values are to an analog effect. As I understood it the carts would have to interface with a built in set of pots that would be the same for every cart.

larger pots can be made smaller by putting a resistor across them. That's be one way around it. When I was screwing around with building effects a few years ago I had a test bed with power some pots an in/out jack and a switch. That I had hooked up to a bread board do I could easily test out new circuits. The cartridge system should have been a more permanent version of that.
It was a cool idea but I never thought it would actually end up being produced either.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I run my theremin through my pedals on occasion. Usually just a delay but running it through my old DOD Deathmetal really beefs up the tone. Wah on theremin is cool too but sometimes it's too many limbs moving at once.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

A "clean" boost pedal. I've had a LPB-1 cone on my board ever since I built it over 10 years ago. It can make dull amps and pedals come alive.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

hanales posted:

Is there any velcro that actually works?

I have a large board and poo poo starts sliding off almost immediately when I transport it. I don't really swap pedals often so it can't be weakening that quickly.

Is there something better out there that I'm missing?

Take apart a bike chain and use the links to screw your pedals down. Screw for the pedal back goes through one hole, screw to the board in the other.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

hanales posted:

... I'm having trouble picturing this. Is there a youtube video?

That looks cool. Thanks!

Not my pic just one I found on google but should get the general idea across.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I Always go wah after distortion. With it before it always seems to get lost.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Dexoit is magic I just rehabbed 2 amps with scratchy knobs and the sliders on a vintage synth with it.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Reverb last in the loop

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

polynominal-c posted:

Isn't "fuzz pedal" the correct terminology for a broken tube screamer?

"Circuit bent" tubescreamer

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I have 2 Rats, a metal zone, and a DOD death metal.
Plus a bunch of home made fuzzes.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Wampler is a weirdo too. Over in AI they have a thread about who's a right wing shithead in the automotive youtube ect... scene maybe we need a similar one here for music dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Red_Fred posted:

Do you mind linking this thread?

Sure thing!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006636&pagenumber=1&perpage=40