Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Cross post from the guitar thread as I’m getting no love. Do I need a fancy power supply? Got three pedals but threw away my normal wall plug psu when I stopped playing years ago.

It’s just for home/headphone use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I’ll bite the bullet and get one. Cioks Big John seems like the best of the bunch I can get locally.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sorry for the double post!

I got some things yesterday:

Got that Big John and the Plumes. Wasn't planning on buying an OD but this thread sold me on the Plumes. It sounds better at home than it did in the store which is nice.

However, I have a bit of buzzing issue. If I connect my NUX plug directly to my guitar, no buzzing. However, if I add any pedals in (like in the above picture) I get a buzz when not touching the strings. The noise gate on the NUX can fix it but seems like it shouldn't happen? This is obviously with a clean amp selected and no effects turned on too.

Don't think it's my cables as I tested using some of my patch cords (NUX > Plumes >patch cord direct into the guitar) and they were even noiser!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Kingo Ligma posted:

Are the amp and the effects plugged into the same wall outlet?

No. The amp is that NUX, it's battery powered.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Has anyone tried the TC Fangs? This thing is cheap as hell but by all accounts sounds pretty good.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

syntaxfunction posted:

It's a well built Metalzone clone. That's the long and short. the TC "tank" pedals are solid and well built clones of other pedals, and cheap.

Fangs is the MT-2, Magus is a RAT, Eyemaster is HM-2 (with no eq lol), Honey Pot is a Muff, Rusty Fuzz is a Fuzzface I believe.

They're good pedals.

Ah thanks! This probably means I shouldn't get it as I'm trying not to buy pedals that the Helix has already, I'm planning to get a Helix in the near future.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Anyone recommend the Digitech Drop?

I plan on buying a Helix in the near future but:
A) the drop is on sale
B) I heard the poly stuff uses heaps of DSP
So probably not a bad purchase to compliment it?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks guys, looks like I’ve been cured of the GAS this time!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm in the market for a pedal board but know next to nothing about them.

Things to consider:
  • I will be getting a Helix LT as soon as they next go on sale so don't need a big board, I currently have 4 standard-sized pedals and probably won't ever have more than 8 (fighting that GAS!)
  • I won't be gigging with this board so don't need a fancy case or need to be particularly moveable. A cover-type thing would be good though as I don't want my pedals to be covered in tone-enhancing dog hair if possible.
  • I already have a Cioks Big John PSU so that would need to fit/be compatible.
  • Given the impending Helix purchase I would rather not spend heaps unless it's justified.
  • Smaller footprint is preferred if/where possible.

Please school me on pedal boards! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Thumposaurus posted:

Wampler is a weirdo too. Over in AI they have a thread about who's a right wing shithead in the automotive youtube ect... scene maybe we need a similar one here for music dicks.

Do you mind linking this thread?