Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anyone tried the mod to add a clean blend to an MT-2? I wanna try it but mines a waza so im nervous to drill it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Just picked up a Behringer Model D synth (their clone of the Minimoog). Want to dial in some authentic '70's vibes, especially for a Pink Floyd tribute I'm in. Need a delay (and more) for it, and really want one that would make it easy to dial in exact delay tempos for songs like "Any Color You Like" where the delay has to be exactly on the beat. Is there such a thing as an analog delay that lets you dial in an exact BPM, either by MIDI or with a dial? Would I just be best served getting something like a Memory Man and getting good with the tap tempo?

Any other recommendations for delays or multi-effects units for a few hundred bucks or less that pair well with this kind of synth?

Some sort of echoplex, including its preamp. Im a guitar player so idk how itd work with synths but I know guitar in Floyd used em and it might be fun to experiment with

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I've heard you can use a flanger to get a double track-type effect, what settings would I use for that? I have the Dunlop/MXR EVH flanger

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

my philosophy is unless its pure function like a germanium fuzz face that really likes to see signal first, theres really no right or wrong order, just right or wrong to your own ears, which is part of the joy of the hobby. i need to get into synths bc i tweak pedal knobs more than play guitar

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Oh yeah that was in no way intended as a dig at your video, i really enjoyed it!!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

JamesKPolk posted:

I always head compressor first? is that not a thing?

Thats a thing but i always put my compressors last. Its all taste.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

H13 posted:

It's the same logic of why I like my noise gate last.

I think a noise gate circuit is KINDA similar to a compressor, it just kills the signal after a certain threshold rather than...y'know. Compressing it.

I sorta go with the idea of making your signal be what you want it to be before squashing it or clipping it with a comp or noise gate.

Same with the noise gate. It can be a gate if I need it to, I use it a lot to reduce noise with high gain stuff, or if I just turn it all the way up its a killswitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

I'm looking for a LPF in pedal form, preferably that you can fix at a certain position with a knob PLUS have it be sweepable with an expression pedal. Something like a wah pedal/fixed wah but specifically a low pass filter.

This is for bass playing.

EHX TubeQ might be what your looking for. Its not specifically a low pass filter as it obviously has others but you can use the LPF in it (it also has a parametric band pass in it that you can use). If you use an expression pedal, you can use the frequency knob to control the range of the expression pedal (in your case, very low frequencies).