Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Pondex posted:

Can any of you figure out if the DC-plug on this pedal is center-positive or center-negative? There's no sticker on the back and I'm not exactly an electronics-wiz.

You could tweet the picture to @dwarfcraft. Aen's a helpful dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

I might go for that delay too, it's such a nice package. The sound of my MF delay slays but I can't find any position in my loop where it doesn't pop when I engage it. It's unpleasant having that pop echo right off the bat. TC stuff has been dead quiet all around for me.

Is this through your OR15?

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Do any of your other pedals pop? I ask because I also own an OR15 and when I first got it the loop was practically unusable for me. Not only would my pedals pop when engaged, but once turned on they would sound way off. This was stuff like EQD Disaster Transport, Grand Orbiter, Ghost Echo, Malekko Ekko 616, Red Witch Moon Phaser. Decent quality effects. It seemed like the tube for the loop was bad or the amp was faulty. Not so.

Turns out that the loop operates at line level which is a fair bit hotter than instrument level (which is what most effects prefer). I picked up one of these to lower the signal and I have not heard any popping or other anomalies since.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

I absolutely swear I'm not some kind of guy who attempts wallet assassinations on a weekly basis but what do you think about the Hall of Fame? I've tried to convince myself it's not as good at is but there's not a single "normal" reverb I've heard that beats it. The spring is even much better than most pedal springs.

I picked one up to cover traditional reverb types (e.g. not ambience) and it is phenomenal. The toneprint feature is actually incredibly useful. The price they go for used ($100) seems well worth it to me.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Chances are, I know she is probably going to pick which one is the prettiest.

Congratulations. You're getting a Rainbow Machine.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

mentioned it was off limits to her in the other post ;) otherwise without a doubt you'd be right.

My bad. I don't know how to read.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

its cool honestly i feel like its going to be disaster transport, i dunno why but

I have a DT and it's probably my favorite EQD pedal. The tone control really lets you tweek the analog voice and the modulation is musical—not wacky.

Of all the EQD I've purchased in the past, I have sold exactly two...

Ghost Echo - as far as I could tell the controls didn't actually do anything. Has just one sound.

Talons - I really wanted to like this one because I wanted a solid drive, but I had to drop the Treble and Presence to 0 because it was entirely too harsh sounding otherwise. Some say the sound resembles a Rat. I've never owned one, but I found myself fighting with the Talons to sound like the Elements pedal I sold off earlier. Mistaaaaaake.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Do all the Minifoogers run off +9v rather than -9v? Or did they just label the jack weird?

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I always held off on the MF Delay because the +9v seemed like a hassle (I have exactly one cable to reverse polarity and it's in use). If you guys are running it with a negative barrel maybe I'll give it a shot.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Does anyone have experience with Temple Pedalboards? They have you use special plates that stick to the back of your pedals rather than velcro. I like the idea, but I'd rather not have to buy a plate for every single pedal I own if I want to switch some stuff out. Wondering how reusable the adhesive is on the plates. Demo video here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Good poo poo