Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

syntaxfunction posted:

Long shot here. I've played and owned many distortion pedals. I have one called the "Grav-A" by Grav Corp. It sounds unlike any distortion I have ever played and I love it. It is also impossible to find any information on.

Basically I can't use it (my friend has earmarked it cause she loves it too) and I'm really hoping it's closely based on something easily available because Jesus it's my perfect high gain drive pedal.

I don't suppose anyone knows anything or can put me in the right direction? Thanks y'all.

It appears to have been a Kickstarted pedal out of Adelaide in Australia, but you already knew that I guess - still explains limited run etc.

However, based on the post the designer made at Hackaday, I think it is probably based on the Pro-Co Rat circuit with Jack Orman's modified Big Muff tone knob instead of the normal filter, and if it's the Rat then there's a good chance the switch is the Keeley 3-Way mod.

The Rat theory being based on the prototype using a similar op-amp (LM301). Could be totally wrong. You might look at this link and see if any of them matching that description have sounds that are similar. You could even look at a Dunwich Volt Thrower maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

syntaxfunction posted:

Thanks a tonne both of you. Figures my favourite distortion was yet another rat haha. If it works...

Since it's impossible to find these and I really want one on my board I'm thinking of asking Tym Guitars to clone it if they're willing. And fix the switch on this one!

Wish I could have been more helpful w/r/t to what the switch is doing! Good luck!

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Looking for a delay pedal with send & return jacks in the feedback loop - am I limited to the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail or modded pedals, or is there some retail thingo I'm not aware of?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Siivola posted:

KMA Cirrus does it, if you're into weird delay/verb stuff.

Declan MacManus posted:

dod rubberneck is probably your cheapest option if you hunt around; they were blowing them out for a while but now the prices have risen up again for some reason

there's also the dwarfcraft minivan, ehx deluxe memory boy, walrus bellweather, and a few higher end digital delay pedals (nemesis, timeline)

Oh excellent, these are exactly the sorta things I was looking for, thank you both! I had no idea there were so many, that's great.

The used market where I'm at is pretty thin on all of these at the moment, so I'm extremely tempted to jump on a preorder for that Cirrus. It seems crazy that it's not all that much more than the Seymour Duncan I was thinking about but it has like a hundred more features. Really, thanks for the heads up, I was unaware of so much.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Catalinbread do make a specific 'Echorec' pedal which would theoretically get you even closer to the Floyd sound, but there's no tap tempo and I've no idea of whether it really matches the real deal.

If you're looking for a 'tape delay', I've been having a good time with a Keeley Eccos recently and can recommend. Digital, but takes up a smaller footprint than DL4 etc., has tap tempo, all that, although no specific bpm entry mode. Really zones in on the 'tape' side of things. Not sure I would've paid full retail but there's lots of cool features in there and it sounds pretty legit if you take the time to dick around with the 'alternate' functions of all the pots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Epi Lepi posted:

I guess I wasn't clear but this is what I was doing today and those were the only two pedals of mine that had an issue. The #! Echo did not work at all. The Big Muff worked at first then didn't once I put it back in the daisy chain and then it continued to not work when I pulled it off the board and tried an independent power supply with just cables to amp and guitar.

To be clear, you tried the Big Muff on the battery without connecting a power supply and it worked? Does the #1 Echo have a battery jack, and can you try that as well?

e: Ah, nevermind, the #1 Echo doesn't have a battery slot, does it? Sorry. Still worth trying the Muff though.

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 14, 2023