Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
Do any of the hardware modelers, have LFO's, velocity sensitive envelopes, followers, and sep sequencers for controlling any parameter on the thing? Seriously just watch the Guitar Rig 3 AIR video.

I will never own a massive collection of pedals again. Okay maybe a vintage space echo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
Get a h2o I used to have one and I can't think of why I got rid of it. Oh yeah it got stole. Buy one. Maybe you can get my old one off ebay with even knowing it!

Seriously good chorus. If I didn't go all software I would have another one. Bitch makes some deep underwaterness with a strat.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

bisticles posted:

The MXR Blue Box comes to mind. It tracks (very loosely, I might add) the most prominent note that you're playing and then doubles it two octaves down and mercilessly fuzzed. Makes for some pretty cool Nintendo noises.

Also, I've found that setting #69 on the GSP2101 *is* the Ratatat sound. This is saturated tube disturtion plus some delay and reverb sent through the harmonizer, which is set to the 3rd in an Em scale.

harmonized guitar sample

I need a gsp2101 or can I copy that sound in at2xgear? Any ideas?

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Agreed posted:

Any computer modeler will do that sound. Heck, I could make you a patch if you want. AT2 only, or do you have more of the software? I'd prefer AT:Metal for that, it has a better pedal harmonizer up front which might work better for that sound.

I have X-gear. So I have AT2 AT2J AT2F and AT2M. It was your fault I bought this also. 8)

Trying the AT2M harmonizer now? How about the rack mounted ones as an insert into revalver?

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
So I spent a long time with 2 instances of xgear into separate channels and your right 16bit makes it a real whammy wah. I had been using 44.1 for the last bit to conserve space in day to day random recordings, and then bumping up on days we track drums and stuff. I would like to see that paper. I am not the best at maths but i had a few acoustical physics classes and got A's so it would be a cool read.

Thanks again man the AT2M whammy emulation is the bee knees.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Battlegoat posted:

I've added a few new pedals into my chain and I'm wondering if maybe I should re-order them.

Right now, it looks like:
Dunlop Crybaby (Wah)
Boss TU-2 (Tuner)
EHX Nano Soul Preacher (Compressor)
EHX Micro POG (Octave)
Maxon OD808 (Overdrive)
Boss MT-2 (Distortion)
EHX Big Muff Pi (Fuzz)
Boss NS-2 (Noisegate)
Boss BF-3 (Flanger)
Boss DD-7 (Delay)
Boss RV-5 (Reverb)

Mainly, I'm not sure if I have the noisegate in the right place, and whether I should have the octave before or after the distortion (or before the compressor too? so confused). I'll end up playing with it for a while of course, but external opinions are cool too. :)

I always use compression after everything to control total dynamic range. This helps a ton for my use of delay. Depends what you use the compressor for though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Raze posted:

I got an Eventide TimeFactor for xmas and I'm futzing around with trying to make it and my dual recto play nice. I'm either encountering a volume drop (which is not the TF doing it, as I tested it in front of the amp) or the actual effect sound is very quiet and tinny (lacking bass). I've got it in the recto's (parallel wired) FX loop and I have the in/out on the TF both set to "Line" level. I've tried the KILLDRY option (which kills the dry part of the wet/dry knob on the TF) and set the mix on the recto to different levels (with and without the killdry) and I get a quiet effect no matter what. I've tried changing the in/out levels on the TF to no avail. I've messed with the send volume and return mix on the recto (the send unfortunately ramps the ENTIRE amp volume up; I'd prefer to not have to do this so I can have the same levels whether the FX loop is on or not) with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using 10ft shielded instrument cables to connect the TF to the FX loop. I'm assuming I don't need speaker cables since it hasn't hit the power amp section yet. Should I try shorter cables? Give up and put it in front of the amp?

Try shorter cables. Do you have a massive pedal board and like a 30ft guitar cable?

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 4, 2010