Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I've been considering an EHX MicroSynth. But I'd like to use it for both bass and guitar. EHX makes a model specific to each, but I could only afford one. Which one would be a safer buy? I'm afraid of ruining the inner circuitry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I need help with a power supply. I have a pedal that came with a DigiTech RP80, it's made by Harman Pro Group , model number PS200R-120, it looks just like this:

I have a Mooer micro pedal (Lofi machine), and the manual reads:

quote:

"Connect the designated AC adapter to an AC outlet of the correct voltage. Please be sure to use only an AC adapter which supplies 9V (+/- 10%) DC, center minus. The maximum working voltage shall not exceed 12V." and elsewhere it says "Power Requirements: AC adapter 9V DC (center minus plug), Current Draw: 128 mA"

Are these safe to use together? The polarity symbols match, but I'm worried about frying the pedal.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I borrowed a friend's Synth9 recently. I was a little surprised with how noisy it could be, it's signal can get very unwieldy.

You might want to try to play cleaner, smoother, softer. I recommend trying with headphones (just be careful the signal doesn't stab your eardrums). You could also try rolling back your guitar's volume a little, I typically play my fender on 9.

Also, most of the recommended settings in the manual have the dry set to off, if it's on at all, it's low, never going post noon.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
My Plus Pedal has an effects loop and I want to put my octave pedal in it while being able to use the octave on its own. I'm assuming I'd need some sort of splitter but I'm not sure which. Could someone explain what I should buy?
I want to buy from Saturnworks.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

UncleBlazer posted:

I believe you want this badger.

Get in touch with them before you buy but I’m fairly sure that does what you want.

Thank you. I've discovered Saturnworks also has an Etsy shop, so they seem very easy to get a hold of.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

How is that Voodoo Octave? I don't think I've seen one with a rad kick flip on it.

OutOfPrint posted:

The Voodoo Octave is surprisingly great if you're looking for a lofi fuzz. I love mine.

It's pretty good for a $30-40 pedal. The fuzz doesn't have much punch, but it has presence. The octave isn't ideal but it has an interesting glitchy quality. It's not always on my board, but it's useful enough to sit with my $200-300 pedals. Also, the first week I had it, I accidentally used it with a center positive power supply a couple times and the pedal survived, so it's not too shoddy.

Joyo makes a very similar model and I've seen comments around the web that Joyo have been manufacturing the octave part incorrectly for years. I've always wondered if this Ammoon comes from the same production line, with the same circuit board mistake, just in a different housing. Supposedly it's an easy mod to fix.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I have and adore a Boss DD-200

I have a TC Electronic Alter Ego X2 but I don't love it. Some of the sounds are limited and/or drab. I've tried a few TC E pedals but something always feels a little off to me. (I feel the same about EHX too--I really wanted to love them, but most of their pedals have an artifical icy-picky sound to them that grates my ears).

You might like something by OBNE. Their MINIM or Dark Star. Combine one with their Expression Ramper and you can get really wild.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
R/guitarpedals is actually a good subreddit, it's worth checking out. It will make you spend money though, be warned. But being into pedals for a few years now, I haven't bought any in over a year because there's always newer and cooler stuff coming out, it never stops.

Pollyanna posted:

I figure the RC-5 is the most appropriate choice. The 505 is way more than I need, even a 500 or 600 seems like overkill. A looper with multiple parallel, variable length loops is basically a physical DAW, and I’ve already told myself not to go DAWless…

Unless there’s other loopers I should consider?

I feel like looper is one of the pedals it's worth spending more money on. Two foot switches are an essential feature for me. If you got DAW and compose, you might want a more advanced looper than an RC-5 (which is an ideal pedal for guitar playing)

You might like a Boss RC-10R (I think you can extract the rhythm tracks out and keep just your recordings.)

Avoid Boss RC-30. I have it and it tracks like rear end into Ableton, nothing is ever in time.

I got a good deal so I bought a CBA Blooper which is way overkill but I wanted to check out the hype and get freaky with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
if anybody is looking to cringe so hard their spine snaps in half, EHX head/founder/social media manager(?) uploaded an anti-union piano ballad and music video to their official EHX youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1Km_GVGmk

i really wanted to like EHX pedals because I'm from nyc too but their stuff always had a shrill/icepicky quality to them. i even bought one of their t-shirts and it fits like poop rear end and the logo is too low on the fabric too