Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Agreed posted:

EFFECTS LOOP SEND --> Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ --> Danelectro Dan-Echo --> Marshall Reflector --> EFFECTS LOOP RETURN
Why are you putting the EQ in your effects loop? Does your amp not have Bass/Mid/Treble knobs on it? It seems like those would be just about fine for shaping the after-distortion tone, unless there's something you really like about the Dano EQ bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Agreed posted:

The degree of precision and also the amount of boost/cut is significantly better with a 7-band (or more) EQ than it is with a three-knob EQ. I don't know why that would seem odd, nearly everyone at the HC forums runs an EQ in the loop. Might be a high gain thing.

Ah, fair enough. I was just confused as to why it was in the effects loop. I'm used to my crappy little combo that I just run clean. I probably should have read what it was going in to a little closer, sorry. I've tried a few graphic EQs before and I'm just not too keen on them. I think I want them to do more than they can in terms of tone, or I just suck at using them. I DO like the 3-band parametric EQ on my preamp, but I'm not all that great at tweaking it, either.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
What does everyone use to power their effects pedals? I'm probably going to be acquiring at least 2-3 more for a total of 8, and my current daisy chain won't do it. Should I just get another daisy chain, or should I look into something crazy like the Voodoo Labs stuff? And does anyone have experience with Ernie Ball volume pedals? I'm wondering how passive they truly are.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

im_sorry posted:

Since you seem to be into this sort of thing.. Is there a difference between the different feedback loop pedals? I'm sorta torn between someday picking up the Audible Disease Rupture 2 or Devi Ever's Eye of God. Also, I'm tempted to eventually get Devi's "Bit: The Legend of Fuzz" pedal, mostly because it just looks so nifty.
Devi's stuff is amazing. I got a Hyperion after Susano brought attention to the one that he won, and I'm planning on getting an Aenima soon, too. The fuzz textures are just awesome and so full sounding.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Susano-maku da! posted:

Devi is a she, and apparently she goes batshit crazy when you mistake her for a he... Not that she posts here and not that we care!
That's because 'she' used to be a 'he' and is transitioning to female at the moment.

Does anyone know anything about the Keeley true bypass mod for Dunlop Crybabies? How easy would it be for a relative newbie to the soldering/etc. to do (or should I just bite the bullet and pay for them to do it)?

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
I know a lot of people around here have/are getting an EHX Micro POG, and I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon. I'm a little concerned, though, cause I have an EHX #1 Echo (same form factor/line of pedals) and it has a noticeable volume drop that really irritates me. Does the Micro do anything akin to this at all? Also, can I have just the output from the effect out and still use the "Dry" knob effectively? And any idea if it's true bypass or not on the effect out?

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

dancehall posted:

No volume drop unless you want it, because the pedal only consists of three volume knobs, really. I'm pretty sure it is true bypass.

Please reword your question about the dry/effect outs because I have no idea what you mean.
Excellent, thanks! I mean the "Effect Out" is still a blend of the effect and the original guitar sound that can be tweaked with the knob. Also, have you put it in front of heavy distortion much?

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
I recently got an MXR Carbon Copy, and I'm a bit irritated with it. I have it after all of my distortion and it sounds alright clean. There's a bit of muffling on the echos, but you can still hear them. However, when I turn on my distortion it effectively turns into a reverb pedal. I don't hear any of the notes I play echoing back at all, just a general background atmosphere. I'm hoping it's something I'm doing wrong, so any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Stux posted:

Finally I have this huge urge to be an idiot and splurge on a full 31 band EQ, but is that really worth it for guitar? I've used EQs like this before but never in part of a live setup for a guitar rig so I have no idea how it would perform in that situation. Lastly, should I bother with a compressor, or am I going to be ok without one?

I can't speak to the other things, sorry, but this I have an opinion on. I had a double 31-band EQ, and for me it was waaaay too much to configure with too little sound difference. I'd say your best bet would be some sort of nice parametric EQ, especially with a drat Engl, which has plenty of tone all on it's own. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
I got an Eventide TimeFactor for xmas and I'm futzing around with trying to make it and my dual recto play nice. I'm either encountering a volume drop (which is not the TF doing it, as I tested it in front of the amp) or the actual effect sound is very quiet and tinny (lacking bass). I've got it in the recto's (parallel wired) FX loop and I have the in/out on the TF both set to "Line" level. I've tried the KILLDRY option (which kills the dry part of the wet/dry knob on the TF) and set the mix on the recto to different levels (with and without the killdry) and I get a quiet effect no matter what. I've tried changing the in/out levels on the TF to no avail. I've messed with the send volume and return mix on the recto (the send unfortunately ramps the ENTIRE amp volume up; I'd prefer to not have to do this so I can have the same levels whether the FX loop is on or not) with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using 10ft shielded instrument cables to connect the TF to the FX loop. I'm assuming I don't need speaker cables since it hasn't hit the power amp section yet. Should I try shorter cables? Give up and put it in front of the amp?