Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
Reading through this topic, I just realized that I'm quite the neophyte and I have no idea how an effects loop works. My amp (or rather, the amp I'm using), the Marshall MGHD100FX half stack, has an FX send and FX return jack in the back. I tried plugging my pedal chain into both jacks, and all I got was nonsense noise. Would someone mind breaking the process down for me, and what it's used for? I'm sure it's pretty simple, I just can't figure it out.

For reference, my effect chain:
Amp->DigiTech Jamman->TU-2->TR-2->MT-2->808 reissue->FZ-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
Thanks for the info! One other question: I don't currently have a preamp, and people have been telling me I should get one, especially because I play with pedals. Any recommendations?

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
Yeah, that's what I meant. Like I said, I'm still in the learning stage when it comes to equipment.