Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
I get the same error as Your Computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
Whoops, me too. Completely overlooked the avbin.dll part. It works now.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
What GUI framework are you using?

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
There's interest, I'd love to see it!

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

Literally Elvis posted:

What are the odds that any/all of this would be good for my career, by the way? This is literally the first website I've ever made.

You're going to be the next Mark Zuckerberg.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

Literally Elvis posted:

I didn't mean to come off as douchey or arrogant or anything. I'm just not sure if something goofy like this has any real appeal to employers.

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to come off as an rear end. I meant it in the most encouraging way possible. :)

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

What ever happened to that guy that was showing off his game engine that kind of worked like A Link to the Past? It was pretty amazing.

I think he had a kid.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

Darn, it gives me 60% of what I actually make. I need more stuff on GitHub.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

tohveli posted:

I recently got a slight promotion at work and that means I can no longer write code as much as I'd like. So I had to continue it as a hobby.
This combined with me having a Windows Phone and there is absolutely no nonshitty JIRA or Confluence client for it, it made me want to make one.

www.agilejiraclient.com

It's my first app actually. Making it took quite many weekends and long nights after getting the baby to sleep.
Coding with the latest version of Visual Studio, C# and XAML is very refreshing. I just love the tools. The built-in emulator and debugger are awesome, together with Fiddler.
I had to make a cheesy app website too.

Not many have bought it yet. I'm guessing it will actually cost me more money to keep this stuff up and running than I will ever get out of it. Domain 10 bucks a year, hosting 10 bucks a month. Now I'm trying adwords but it looks like that will cost me about 20-30 per month with little to show so maybe I'll quit that or narrow it down. Obviously the reason for this isn't the (negative) extra cash but to get some experience with the associated non-programming stuff.

Nice job with this. Building a tool like this on a new stack and selling it is on my long to-do list, so it's inspiring to see others do it.

Just curious, where are you hosting the site? If you only need a static site which won't get much traffic $10 is quite a bit. Have you considered nearlyfreespeech.net or hosting it on Amazon S3? Hosting at either of these two will only cost you pennies a year instead of $120. I host a few very low traffic static sites at nearlyfreespeech and my total bill, including domain name, is around $11-14 a year per site.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
I'd also recommend a cheap DigitalOcean or Linode instance.

Cryolite fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride
That's really cool. What are you writing that in?