Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

Dromio posted:

Pocket mp3 controller
Ahh I've been meaning to make one of these things for over a year, even bought an N770 Touchscreen tablet to put it on so I could control my HTPC, but I just never had the time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
That spider is absolutely terrifying.
What progress have you made with your thesis? What remains to be done?
Do you ahve some other animal videos?

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

clockwork automaton posted:

Mock web2.0 all you like, but thats a mighty fine looking site.

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

Sensible Thursday posted:

To speed up the vocabulary-learning process, I'm finishing up a Chrome extension that uses the Google Translate API to switch random words on all the web pages I visit into an arbitrary foreign language. The theory is that sooner or later I'll pick up their meaning from context.

Dude thats pretty cool! Is there any way you can connect it with a flash card program and allow the user to add a word to their flash card database from the context menu?

How much latency does the plug in add to a page load?

Have you released it yet?

e: This is sort of related and also cool https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bnhifanepajfngkbgiekldogdnhnpcod

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
What if that translator thing only changed nouns and simple verbs? Having it translate words like "it" and "of" is going to be useless, but translating "jumping" and "fridge" would be cool.