Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Zagrod posted:

words

Are you making a game version of Cube? That was a great movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Thanks for breaking my tables goon.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Click here for the full 903x512 image.

Been working on a browser game and it's starting to shape up :3:. Time to bring back the 90's!

My only problem so far is I suck at making MySQL indexes.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Pfft. Who needs graphics anyway.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Making a browser game but I can't make graphics for poo poo. My nebula looked kinda okay though!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

LOLLERZ posted:

Oh my god, why is your universe full of equals signs?

I couldn't come up with ways to show they're connected to each other :smith:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

Well I mean it's basically a graph, right? You can travel between squares (nodes) along equals-signs (edges). If you turned it into a graph representation with little stars for each node and little hyperspace lanes for each edge, it would probably look pretty cool.

It's supposed to have little space stations and crap visible there too though. Imagine there are pictures there instead:

I like the hyperspace lane idea though, not sure how I can make it work yet though.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

The reason I suggest a graph is because there are known algorithms for graph layouts that make sure the graph looks "nice", meaning you can focus on the data for your game and not have to worry about where to put everything. Here's a paper describing some of it, with references to other papers you can look up for more detail: http://www.cs.brown.edu/~rt/papers/gd-tutorial/gd-constraints.pdf

Thanks for the graph theory :science: link. It gave me a horrible flashback to my MACM classes :smith: but it's worth a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

leedo posted:

A little HTML scrabble game. It lets you register and play against another registered user, assuming you know their username.

I've got it running at http://www.leisurelyletters.com

How are you implementing chat? Is it real time?