Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crash Bandicoot
Feb 23, 2007

by T. Fine
That reminds me of various IRC scripts and apps which scanned for filenames of known cheats. It was always amusing to see some player or another start spouting confessions against his will, having run the script by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash Bandicoot
Feb 23, 2007

by T. Fine
Pretty pathetic compared to some of the stuff here, but to amuse myself I'm working on a .NET implementation of the RNLI Desktop Pager.

It communicates via SOAP with a web service that has details of the last 12 lifeboat "shouts" around the UK. When a boat launches the service is updated and the application beeps to let you know there's a lifeboat being launched somewhere RIGHT NOW. Ultimately pointless but maybe interesting if you're into nautical stuff or live near the coast or whatever.

The official pager is fairly basic with a weird UI, in my version I'm adding stuff like Google Maps support, links to the station webpages and logging so you can compile stats on what launches when and how often.

Crash Bandicoot fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 15, 2008

Crash Bandicoot
Feb 23, 2007

by T. Fine

clockwork automaton posted:

(yes those questions go 10, 20 - for some reason the prof wanted it like that)

Has BASIC taught you nothing? It's so that if you want to add more questions you can put in a (4) or whatever without having to renumber all the rest of them!