Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

That Turkey Story posted:

At the end of last year, I posted in this thread about a C++ library I was working on that emulated the postponed C++0x concepts features. Back in May of this year, I gave a talk on this library at BoostCon and that talk is now online. This was my first time presenting for an hour and a half straight, so I was a bit nervous in the first few minutes, but it picks up.

Anyway, you can watch the talk here and the slides are here.
This is pretty awesome (both the project and the talk once you relaxed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
In a state ready for pushing to github is pretty much just "doesn't have any proprietary stuff that people would yell at you for posting on the internet". Github is not a publishing platform for completed projects and there's no reason not to push something that still requires some work to actually be useful.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Google reports your public IP if you search for "what is my ip" and is rather reliable.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

A month seems like the much more obvious amount of time for a paid scan due to monthly newsletters.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

I installed it via the setup program, opened the options, switched to the Shortcuts page and pressed PrintScreen and it crashed after a few seconds. Minidump. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

You have to be super careful when flinging terms like "object oriented" around with javascript - it has a lot of features that simulate those you'd find in an object oriented language, but the combination of dynamic typing, lack of "interface" construct and poor exception handling make it a poor choice for large scale projects.
I am confused about how the first half of this sentence is related to the second half. You appear to be using a definition of OO that excludes Smalltalk.