Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

A game idea I've had for a while, haven't made much progress on it. I turned off clearing the graphics buffer for a more impressive screenshot. Otherwise it would just be a black circle and a green line. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Funny you guys should mention cursor-centered mousewheel canvas zooming, I've been working on a jquery plugin for this the past couple days.

Here is my test page, it's kinda boring to look at, but I think it's nifty.
http://alerttheinternet.com/lib/jquery-canvas-pan-zoom/demo/

If any jQuery whizzes care to critique my plugin i'd appreciate it(it's my first one). No one in irc will talk to me for some reason. :saddowns:

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 19, 2010

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

digital-entropy posted:

It seemed to render less uniformly before which had a neat effect. Was I just imagining that or did something change?
Like he said, it's using a Hilbert curve now:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_curve

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

subpixel rendering maybe?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

pretty sure that "atorseato"

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Parametric 3D models of generic project enclosures generated with python script in FreeCAD.

The idea is to generate models to be printed on a 3D printer such as a RepRap.

Plus, you can put your WEED in there! :2bong:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

That's pretty neat, but may I suggest adding a "X" button to make it go away when you are done?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Doesn't sound like the sort of project you should go blabbing about on internet forums. :razz:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

beoba posted:

A couple months ago I contributed a couple visualizations for Banshee's "OpenVP" extension. Here's one of them:

Spectrum on the top, the rest moves downward. There's also a rotated version where the spectrum is on the right and the voiceprint moves leftward.

The layout was an idea I'd had since first seeing Winamp 2.x's Voiceprint viz over a decade ago:

Now do that aphex twin song with the face in the spectrum.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Biowarfare posted:

Is that a swastika tile in the back? :psyduck:
Have you never heard of wolfenstein 3d? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Nition posted:

Here's a video I just made of a game I'm working on - Scraps - where you build a combat vehicle from parts and then drive it in a fight with other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9XgX-VU6kw

And a couple of screenshots. This is all very early in-development stuff.

I also just finished making scrapsgame.com.
This looks rad as hell.