Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel Penguin
Sep 14, 2007
hooray

Alex007 posted:

I'm coding a web-based MMO forthe Urban Dead goons who are sick of Urban Dead :)

I really wanted to clean up the UI, Urban Dead sucks balls on this, there's a dozen forms on-screen and you always have to search when you want to do something.

I decided to go a bit Web 2.0-style and I'm using javascript popup menus. Plyaers can interact with their environment by clicking on elements showing a drop-down arrow, and a menu pops up.

I'm not sure how standard it is, but it makes a really clean UI and is really easy to use, compared to UD.

Main game screen:

Inventory screen, with popup activated:

Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2819930

Just a question... does clicking the link do anything other than bring up the popup menu? I'd suggest just having the menu popup with no arrow. it flows better.

I like what you've done. it looks neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel Penguin
Sep 14, 2007
hooray

ODC posted:

Here is something I got finished with not too long ago. I work in the Serious Game / Simulation Industry and this screen shot is from a product we are working on to train US Army Combat Medics.

This is a screen shot that I took right before I added in blood pooling, so you're not getting to see the big glop of red pouring out of his leg.

For some reason, this sticks out to me as bullshit. That's not a screenshot, it's a photo. Unless the device is part of the sim, but that doesn't make sense.

And how exactly are you training medics with this?

Intel Penguin
Sep 14, 2007
hooray

LOLLERZ posted:

PixPlz - an app that lets you pick which of two women are sexier, vote on them, and generally look at pictures of girls.

Click here for the full 1320x852 image.

I hate Google's terrible ad targeting. Race cars and S.W.A.T. Assault :psyduck:, but I don't really know how to help it target on a site with no words on it.

Also if anyone has advice on layout or features, please let me know.

Chances are the kinda men visiting your site will like racing and SWAT poo poo... manly poo poo ya know?

Intel Penguin
Sep 14, 2007
hooray

skeet decorator posted:

Screen shots dont really do much for what I'm working on. The image above is a directory listing of all the files on my twitter, which you can see here. You can change the path from /qoobiedoobie to /username to view all the files on username's twitter, if they have any. To upload files to your twitter I have a little uploader script here. All of the files are stored in a series of encoded tweets. It depends on the file, but right now a 4kb jpeg takes ~20 tweets to store. My goal was to make twitter remotely useful, which I kind of did... I guess. You can do some stupid stuff with this like host a webpage on twitter(Like This!). My next goal is to get it working with FUSE.

are you sure that's even allowed? and wouldn't all that gummy up your twitter?