Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Jesus I'm going to make myself look like an rear end with all those awesome stuff you guys do.
For my part I've been working on a game clone because I wanted to get back into C++ game programming and wanted to discover SFML, I only do standard C at work and no such thing as fancy graphics etc..

I'm starting slowly and then hopefully I'll do some more interesting stuff.

Also sup' satellites buddies

ESA GAIA

edit: I know that a grey piece over a grey background = very bad.. but I'm not much a graphic person and I did not want to spend ages on this game, it was just to get back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Very nice flames there

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

NoDamage posted:

Crossposting from the iPad Apps & Games thread. I ended up writing a recipe manager for the iPad after not finding any that I liked.

Features:
  • Built in web browser that lets you auto import recipes from most major sites.
    Usually I end up Googling for something and want to be able to save it for later, so it's really the main feature of the app.

• Ability to type in your own custom recipes in a fairly easy manner.
    (I'm surprised how cumbersome the process is on some of the apps out there.)

• Clipboard tools so you can copy and paste a photo/name/ingredients/directions from any website and use it to create a new recipe.
    For when you're reading a random food blog (or GWS) and come across an interesting recipe you want to save.

• A grocery list that lets you add recipe ingredients as well as your own custom items.
    (Because sometimes you need to buy things at the grocery store beyond what's in your recipes.)

• When viewing a recipe, most of the space is reserved for displaying the ingredients and directions.
    (Cause you're trying to cook, damnit, and not having to constantly scroll the screen helps a lot.)

• You can prevent the screen from turning off while you're viewing a recipe.
    (Cause there's nothing worse than having to 'Swipe to Unlock' your iPad when your hands are covered in flour/grease/chicken/etc.)

• Fully customizable categories, search, favorites, and email recipes.
    (Stuff you expect to see in any recipe app.)

A few screens (click for big):

Recipes List and Recipe View

Browser and Grocery List

It's getting pretty close to completion, and I'm looking for a few testers, so PM me if you'd like to help! I'd also love any feedback/thoughts/suggestions you guys have.

This is really awesome, great work I'd use that but I have no iPhone/iPad, any chance for an android version sometimes? ;)

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Thanks for pointing me to the SA Chrome Extension, I'd like to test yours as well CaptainMeatpants.

dangerz posted:

I built this prototype last week to test a game idea: http://www.dangerz.net/explorer (view>source on it for more info, works best in chrome)

After liking what I had, I started coding in XNA. Here are some early screenshots:
:words:

That's very nice, great job

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Orzo posted:

I'm glad you like them. Whats stopping you?

Your stuff is really cool

What is it programmed in?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Awesome dude, great work! Do you plan to release anything of your work?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Hey guys, great work all around wish I could make stuff like that at home instead of being a lazy gently caress.
Just wondering, are you guys also programming during your day job? This is my case and I think it is somewhat what is preventing me to really work on this stuff at home, since you know I've been doing it all day at work and when I get home I wanna do something else.

I'm gonna try to fiddle a bit with Unity anyway it seemed a great tool.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

minidracula posted:

OK, not a screenshot (sorry), but I don't have anything handy (and what I would have a screenshot of might not make much sense).

This link does the best job so far of describing what I've been working on lately (in a true "work" context; this has been a lot of my day job since July):

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1320156

And, to be clear, this is very much a team effort. Comparatively, I did some of the less complex pieces, all told. But, I'm psyched it's finally out in the wild and I can talk about it.

I'm also (very!) happy I'm past our big release/announcement deadline at the trade show I was just at last week.

The real question here is how many bitcoins can I mine with this thing. :v:
Looks great, good job guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Programmer Humor posted:

Sure, I think it's good enough for people to try out now.

http://fx21.github.io/playlists/

Tell me what you think and if you can think of any improvements.

Hey this is awesome I'm using it and only had one unknown error. Good job