Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Not a very flashy screenshot, but here it is!

My first try at implementing a random text generator.

So far here is roughly how it works:
It reads in all the text files out of a given path.
It breaks all of those text files into sentences.(Or at least tries to.)
It breaks those sentences into words.
For each unique word, it generates a list of possible following words and how often it is the first or last word of a sentence.
It then uses those probabilities to chain together words into what could almost be called sentences.

I smirk every time it gives me something that is actually a coherent sentence.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That is really a super cool app.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm working on a toy model that simulates epidemics. I've stared way too long at graphs of cases/deaths, read too many papers about various factors that impact the spread of covid/other diseases, and seen way too many models trying to make predictions. Earlier in one of the covid threads I'd been playing around with some spreadsheet models and it was a really interesting exercise.

So I decided I'd start hammering out my own model in C#. I know it will never be all that accurate, but it's more just fun I've been working on. It models a handful of things like vaccination, travel between regions, seasonal changes. It also takes a ton of inputs for things like secondary attack rate in various settings, frequency of travel, how many locations a person can potentionally visit. It's not based on taking real world numbers and making future predictions but rather in a totally fabricated setting.

It's a console app that takes JSON files or manual input for the various parameters to build the model and outputs some console logging and dumps a lot more data to CSVs so I can make graphs in google sheets.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I got bored and people were talking about KSP2s broken... everything so I decided to write a little N-body physics sim.

It's kind of a boring shot, but without motion they all kinda are. The red color is just ones that are over an arbitrary limit I wanna use for star formation later.