Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

I broke down at how dated Winamp looked one day and decided this would be a good way to learn WPF and C#. Currently stalled since getting foobar to work almost the way I like it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Tommy Calamari posted:

These were the projects I was working on a couple of months ago before I burnt myself out on programming. Typing this up will hopefully inspire me to take them further - bit depressing to see how much effort I put in just to abandon them.

Metroland

The city generator became a jumping off point for the game I always wanted to exist: a high level transport simulator with a heavy focus on the network layout. I love both Sim City 4 and Open TTD, which come very close (with various patches), but there's always more than I want to deal with (zones, depots, etc). Each point has a number of residents and jobs; residents are mapped to jobs when the map is created. Your transport network has to actually take people from their home to their job (not just anywhere, a la vanilla TTD). This is also my first attempt at pathfinding; I just implemented the A* algortithm and a binary heap to go with it. Every time you change the network, it has to recompute the paths between every station - it takes a couple of seconds to do it on my slow little netbook, which I find acceptable. The interchanges at stations are also acknowledged (to stop people taking crazy routes across 9 lines, etc), though this could use some improvement.

I love this idea :)

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Misogynist posted:

My first ExtJS application for monitoring our IT infrastructure is coming along nicely:

That's cool. Why not go with something like Munin?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

I made a silly little site about soccer because I got sick of converting timezones manually. Will be adding the world cup soonish, MLS, SPL and anything else that takes my fancy.
http://nextgame.info

I used Flask, but I think after adding all the extensions I used to make the thing I should have gone with Django, it would have saved me about a week of effort.

edit VVVVV soon!

cowboy beepboop fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 10, 2014

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

please post butts.xml i need it for a project

ps It looks really great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

octan3 posted:

An early part of a game I've been working on required creating buildings in a 'sims-like' grid where you can drag the size of the building out.

Have prototyped a few options and the above current approach is working well enough to be able to move on to the next item before coming back and cleaning this one up!

This is cool. Is the grid 2x triangles for each little square or one giant square and grid texture?